The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you ever wish you had never bought your supra ?

j1mb0b1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it sometimes, being on minimum wage, trying to go somewhere with my life (want to be a car mechanic).

sometimes i consider selling it. but then i remind myself if i do that ill have nothing, so i keep her, find the time to drive to nowhere in particular.

just me and the car. and i learn to appreaciate it again! :D

yes today when i sat in it and water came out the seat like a sponge :(:(

Spooky you tried vaseline as a temporary solution? Also replacing the rubber seals is a lot cheaper than you'd think it is. I never found the leak that bad (sometimes it never leaked, ocassionally it did - was odd).

I'd never sell her.

I bought it as a wedding present to myself, iv spent about £6000 on it so far and now going through the motions for a single tubby conversion.

The cars not missed a beat yet, I took it Lee P for a compression check when I got it and he was pleased with the results.

Nope.

Bought mine in 2000 with 15,000 miles for £14,600, so effectively as new.

Apart from annual servicing etc and running costs, I spent an additional £6000 on new Wheels, BPU and body kit etc

Therefore a total of £20,600 - over the last 9 years.

Quite good value I feel.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I dont regret buying mine one bit, been a great car and ive had loads of fun in it, i cant see myself ever selling it although i do keep finding myself looking at R35 GTR's.

Will never sell the Supra, I love it. Mine is still a GT though, not the racer it can be. But I will be going single, soon. Ish. It's a tossup between an R35 GTR or an Aston for me when I decide to change the 535d...

Will never sell the Supra, I love it. Mine is still a GT though, not the racer it can be. But I will be going single, soon. Ish. It's a tossup between an R35 GTR or an Aston for me when I decide to change the 535d...

My mate has a DBS and even that is not all that, my car leaves him for dead although his does have the looks:cool:

Id love an R35 but id have to sell the boat or the supra to get one and that not going to happen, just gotta stop spending on the supra and get saving:(

My mate has a DBS and even that is not all that, my car leaves him for dead although his does have the looks:cool:

Aye, it's not ALL about the speed though.

I've got the MR2 for outright speed, Supra for cruising at weekends and then the Aston/R35 for the work run, where I spend most time.

Nope.

Bought mine in 2000 with 15,000 miles for £14,600, so effectively as new.

Apart from annual servicing etc and running costs, I spent an additional £6000 on new Wheels, BPU and body kit etc

Therefore a total of £20,600 - over the last 9 years.

Quite good value I feel.

Blimey, that is good. That would rival the ownership costs of most hatchbacks.

Just to put a different slant on things, your total running costs of just over £20000 was what the GTO cost me, all in, from day one. Oops.

Being a 1995 its going to need a bit or regualr TLC along the way but its uber reliable non the less. My costs are just things like tyres, brakes, geo-setups, HIDs, servicing........ So it costs as much as I would be spending if I had got a Mercedes AMG etc.

The only thing that pisses me off about it is that far too many people like to have a pop for a race or give you grief, but then just as many folks give a smiley nod.

I don't think i will ever see my supra, the money it cost me to buy and what i've spent is what has been spare cash at the time.

Perhaps if i'd have been looking for a car now with the economy as it is i may have chosen something more sensible like a porker :innocent:

As for running cost that’s all relevant to how you use the car, I see my running costs as the yearly MOT, which combined with a small service, isn’t expensive.

The road tyres I’ve got will last a long while, as they don’t get used that often :D

The racing cost are a different thing altogether :eyebrows:

A lot of the general servicing cost also fall into racing costs :innocent:

In comparison to the servicing cost for the S class it’s cheap. The last major service had a 5k bill :rolleyes:

The motorhome is cheap to run except fuel cost has mpg is not to good when towing

But if you want sensible the Golf diesel I’ve had since 2004 has cost next to nothing, one wheel bearing, a boot lock and service every 20k. It gives me 45 mpg even giving it some beans :D

Conclusion is NO i don't regret buying the supra, i've even tried taking the other half into having an auto for day to day use, but i think going out in mine has put her off :innocent:

Have I seen you driving about? What colour is the car now?

probably not, i managed to put Greater Manchester on instead of Lancashire.. i'm in Preston and it's hardly been on the road..

It's silver still, just needed spraying after having the new front end