The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you ever wish you had never bought your supra ?

j1mb0b1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spooky you tried vaseline as a temporary solution? Also replacing the rubber seals is a lot cheaper than you'd think it is. I never found the leak that bad (sometimes it never leaked, ocassionally it did - was odd).

Vaseline is a bad idea on rubber, treat your rubber seals with Silicon Grease, which is about £8-10 from a builders or plumbers merchant.:thumbs:

i love my supra however the only time i ever taught god why did i buy it as i never bought a second hand car was when i was sat on the E17 in belgium at 1 in the morning on route to germany. 12 hours later car on low loader heading back to TDI to rectify the problem had only left them day before devastated as never broke down in my life. knocked a little bit of passion and confidence about the car.

I definitely have off days with the supra - too many to mention. Recently considered selling up and buying an rx7, but to be honest, if I were to sell my supra I'd probably get something like an r32 golf.

When I think about it, it annoys me that I cannot get our little girl's pram in, resulting in us going everywhere in my girlfirends car - sometimes I get pissed off the super stiff suspension - sometimes the fuel consumption pisses me off -

I hate the fact that there is so much I want to do my car - sometimes the warm-up cool down annoys me, especially when I'm just popping out to the shops - it plays on my mind that my car is 16 years old and parts are failing....but all of these thought soon disperse when I get home from work and see him sat there in car park, and even more so when you flying through a long sweeping bend at ***mph.

I could sell my car and buy a newer car, that doesn't need a respray, that doesn't need bit and bobs replacing, that I dont want to modify.... but then I'd get bored.

Words by Pezzler

Music by Lbm

Edited by Lbm
The Paragragh and Capital Letter police made me... (see edit history)

I definitely have off days with the supra - too many to mention. Recently considered selling up and buying an rx7, but to be honest, if I were to sell my supra I'd probably get something like an r32 golf.

When I think about it, it annoys me that I cannot get our little girl's pram in, resulting in us going everywhere in my girlfirends car - sometimes I get pissed off the super stiff suspension - sometimes the fuel consumption pisses me off -

I hate the fact that there is so much I want to do my car - sometimes the warm-up cool down annoys me, especially when I'm just popping out to the shops - it plays on my mind that my car is 16 years old and parts are failing....but all of these thought soon disperse when I get home from work and see him sat there in car park, and even more so when you flying through a long sweeping bend at ***mph.

I could sell my car and buy a newer car, that doesn't need a respray, that doesn't need bit and bobs replacing, that I dont want to modify.... but then I'd get bored.

Words by Pezzler

Music by Lbm

Buy a run about as well as the supra?

In some ways i regret selling my supra. Its was far more easier, cheaper and less frequent to give some tlc than my GT4.

One day i may get another supe but it will have to be rather special as there are alot more cars i want to try fisrt.

I wont ever be buying a gt4 again as mine was a gooden' but still required alot of fettling and being on the owners club im far from being alone as it only seems to get ALOT worse when going for bigger power.

For the average age of these supras and the performance you get you will find it hard to get another car with similar performance and reliabilty but they are old and need money spending on them.

Nope, its been one of the best cars in terms of cost and fun I have owned.

Bought it at 151k now up to about 189k. In that time it's had the following:

New Cats (old ones rattled a little but passed MOT)

2 sets of tyres

one set of pads

one power steering pump (old one was getting noisy)

about 8 oil changes

autobox flud change, pas fluid, coolant, dif etc

new air filter and plugs etc

So all basically wear items and service items other than the PAS pump.

No, In my 3rd year of ownership now and it's fantastic. Only do around 1500-2000 miles a year so when i do drive it i get a great buzz. Only had 1 breakdown when the alternator packed up. I just know i would regret it if i ever sell it, Especially with the money i have spent getting it how i want :)

The first one, not for a second. It cost me £36k over the years of ownership, but don't regret it for a moment (well perhaps some ill-informed decisions/mistakes during the single install), but overall, no. It was a complete cash cow, but loved every second of driving it. I miss her every day, which is quite sad really!

The 2nd supra was free, but has invested far, far more time than I thought was needed. It's been a bit love/hate, but all will likely be forgiven once it's finally on the road.

However, the club itself is now more important to me than the car. If I'd never have got the car I'd never have met so many great folks and made so many long term friends, many/all of which I hope to keep in contact with well after the supra is gone.

I often wish Jazz1 hadn't bought one.

Slight twist on this question for you then Jake, do you ever wish you had never sold yours ? (I know it was the misses that swayed you more for something she could drive instead of you actaully wanting to get rid of it yourself)