• Maybe - Mapping
    • Maybe - Just dropping by
    • Not attending

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you are referring to mine :)

I went to SRR thinking, well my car is 15 years old, its done 103k so it must have lost some power on the years. Though I expected some good power as its had a complete full service at Garage Whiftblitz a couple of months ago & both the cats are gone. I honestly was expecting around 330 bhp, so to see it produce 352 bhp was surprising but excellent. Adnan did predict 350 bhp before the dyno and his driven my car. Charley said the car feels strong & the gearbox is very good & has no slipping. That really gave me piece of mind!

Maybe I might be able to beat Axle's record :eyebrows:

well not just yours, was very suprised with AlexM's realy. He did think it was down on power and to be honest its pretty much stock. Very impressive for stock boost, i would of thought that sort of power was made on about 1.0 BAR

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

well not just yours, was very suprised with AlexM's realy. He did think it was down on power and to be honest its pretty much stock. Very impressive for stock boost, i would of thought that sort of power was made on about 1.0 BAR

AlexM's car is not stock, nor stock boost ;)

hmm i was given the impression, i.e from what people said, and from what i THOUGHT i knew they wernt running more than 0.8 - 0.9 bar. i stand corrected :)

Stock is 0.76 bar at absolute maximum load (more than you can get on a dyno), anything above that is therefore not stock. That includes cars with aftermarket cat-backs, decats, modified air intakes, FCD's, TTC, etc. Most can make a big difference to peak power readings.

I was also under the impression AlexM's TT was stock boost!?!

The NA was very impressive and obviouslt has a very solid strong engine.

Alex any more details on the boost level?

I still wanna know what spec you had Mr Axle to get your bpu pushing 432 please ;)

Sorry, only just read this thread.

UK cams, Emanage Ultimate, and Greddy 4 Row SMIC the main mods over the usual BPU mods. Car had about 39k when it was run.

I remember Ryan saying it was one of the fastest BPU Auto's he had ever driven before mapping it.

I run Lucas Fuel treatment with EVERY single tank i fill up with, in all my cars. Excellent product - Although quite possibly had absolutely nothing to do with the Dyno run. Although i was on BP Ultimate when Ryan mapped it.

Think it was 1.1 Bar too, but not 100% sure. Need to find my graph.

Sorry, only just read this thread.

UK cams, Emanage Ultimate, and Greddy 4 Row SMIC the main mods over the usual BPU mods. Car had about 39k when it was run.

I remember Ryan saying it was one of the fastest BPU Auto's he had ever driven before mapping it.

I run Lucas Fuel treatment with EVERY single tank i fill up with, in all my cars. Excellent product. Although i was on BP Ultimate when Ryan mapped it.

Think it was 1.1 Bar too, but not 100% sure. Need to find my graph.

Sounds great mate - do UK cams make a big difference then?

Would love to see the graph if you ever find it.

Whats this Lucas stuff you mentioned?

Sounds great mate - do UK cams make a big difference then?

Not overly. Around 5 to 10 BHP is the general consensus.

Whats this Lucas stuff you mentioned?

http://www.jsta.ca/images/Lucas/FuelTreatment.gif

Would love to see the graph

Me too, let me know when you fancy coming round to look for it.

A bit late, but thanks all for a brilliant day! Special thanks to Darryl for organising it, lending me his jacket for the day, and helping us out of a tough spot and also Ryan for mapping expertise :)

Nice to finally put a few names to faces,

Very happy with partners end result, its been a very long, tiring and expensive road, and no doubt it will be next year when he decides to go single :( lol

As long as it was done in SHOOT_6F at G-Force the result should be much the same. If it was another mode then it won't compare. It should display the mode at the bottom of the graph - out of interest what does your one show?

Dont know, I'll check when I get home.

I think theres too many people using the term 'stock', when clearly if cats have been removed or aftermarket exhausts put on, it's not the same at a restrictive cat+exhaust setup.

I remember my first dyno day, most 'stock' cars were actually underperforming quite a bit, rather than having excessive HP figures to what Toyota estimated.

Edited by Bobbeh (see edit history)

A bit late, but thanks all for a brilliant day! Special thanks to Darryl for organising it, lending me his jacket for the day, and helping us out of a tough spot and also Ryan for mapping expertise :)

Nice to finally put a few names to faces,

Very happy with partners end result, its been a very long, tiring and expensive road, and no doubt it will be next year when he decides to go single :( lol

started to get really miserable near the end, weather was horrible.