• Maybe - Mapping
    • Maybe - Just dropping by
    • Not attending

This according to mkiv.com

BPU : http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/#bpu

BPU+ : http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/#bpu+

BPU++ : http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/#bpu++

APU : http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/#apu

You see how this starts getting confusing. No one really knows... :)

I see what you mean by confusing!! Just to clarify I do understand what BPU is just uncertain about the +'s :)

I was always under the impression that there is not much benefit in changing cam gears etc if you're only going BPU??

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always under the impression that there is not much benefit in changing cam gears etc if you're only going BPU??

I wouldn't bother. JamieP has 730bph and still has standard gears... I wouldn't even do cams until I had gone single.

If I had to go BPU again, I'd get some 550 injectors (for headroom), a piggyback/standalone ECU and get it mapped properly. You'll get great performance and reliability. Only start looking at cams etc if you're prepared for the long haul and loads of cash, single turbos and sleepless nights ;)

I wouldn't bother. JamieP has 730bph and still has standard gears... I wouldn't even do cams until I had gone single.

If I had to go BPU again, I'd get some 550 injectors (for headroom), a piggyback/standalone ECU and get it mapped properly. You'll get great performance and reliability. Only start looking at cams etc if you're prepared for the long haul and loads of cash, single turbos and sleepless nights ;)

The +'s are just marketing crud thrown out by a certain store, they don't really mean anything. :)

Thank you gents all i needed to know ;)

Interesting reading!!

So how did axle make 432 at bpu? Any idea of spec as thats great work.

So cams not a good upgrade for bpu? Would 550's and a piggy back plus map squeeze a fair bit more out? Dont u need a new resistor pack for bigger injectors than 440?

The +'s are just marketing crud thrown out by a certain store, they don't really mean anything. :)

Bingo :)

Interesting reading!!

So how did axle make 432 at bpu? Any idea of spec as thats great work.

So cams not a good upgrade for bpu? Would 550's and a piggy back plus map squeeze a fair bit more out? Dont u need a new resistor pack for bigger injectors than 440?

Axle isn't just BPU, it's got an aftermarket ECU installed - that's how it made such good power.

440's work fine for BPU, though they are at their limit so it's not great from a techincal point of view but it works.

resistor packs and only needed for low impedence injectors like the 550's found on the UK spec. The need for the ressitors is not related to injector size, just their impedence.

Cams are not really worth bothering with at BPU. It would be a very expensive mod with very little gain. Better to spend the money elsewhere.

What we need now is a standing start 1 mile race, im hoping to go on the thunder road one march 24th (just waiting for permission to enter) but a supra club event would be much better:cool:

On a side note, anyone know how to work out what the top speed on my car might be if the power can pull the revs?

TT6 on stock gearing, 7200rpm limit and 285/35/18 tyres.

What we need now is a standing start 1 mile race, im hoping to go on the thunder road one march 24th (just waiting for permission to enter) but a supra club event would be much better:cool:

On a side note, anyone know how to work out what the top speed on my car might be if the power can pull the revs?

TT6 on stock gearing, 7200rpm limit and 285/35/18 tyres.

Now that is an ace idea, id be up for that :D

nice :cool:

quicky question for you guys, would you say SRR under reads or over reads on power?

i know cars like JamieP's, LeeP's, imi's were consistant with the reading but some of the stock TTs were a bit suprising with the lack of mods and stock boost :shrug:

quicky question for you guys, would you say SRR under reads or over reads on power?

i know cars like JamieP's, LeeP's, imi's were consistant with the reading but some of the stock TTs were a bit suprising with the lack of mods and stock boost :shrug:

Id say its about right, i know a few dynos where i could get a lot more (any hub dyno for a start) as long as we all use the same dyno as a benchmark it dont really matter.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

It's consistent, that is the important part. It's not so much the figure that matters, it's the fact that they are run under the same dyno settings and no dyno 'tweaking' is taking place. It's also independant, which is key to their sucess and reputation for realistic and consistent figures.

Also keep in mind that the flywheel HP figure on auto's isn't really that accurate on any wheel/hub based dyno. It's more of a best guess due to the way a TC works.

I'd like to take mine down there just to compare it with the result from G-Force at Aylesbury, which is the same kind of setup.

As long as it was done in SHOOT_6F at G-Force the result should be much the same. If it was another mode then it won't compare. It should display the mode at the bottom of the graph - out of interest what does your one show?

i thought so, just asking

was just very suprised to see auto tts making that power will relatively limited mods :)

I take it you are referring to mine :)

I went to SRR thinking, well my car is 15 years old, its done 103k so it must have lost some power on the years. Though I expected some good power as its had a complete full service at Garage Whiftblitz a couple of months ago & both the cats are gone. I honestly was expecting around 330 bhp, so to see it produce 352 bhp was surprising but excellent. Adnan did predict 350 bhp before the dyno and his driven my car. Charley said the car feels strong & the gearbox is very good & has no slipping. That really gave me piece of mind!

Maybe I might be able to beat Axle's record :eyebrows:

I take it you are referring to mine :)

I went to SRR thinking, well my car is 15 years old, its done 103k so it must have lost some power on the years. Though I expected some good power as its had a complete full service at Garage Whiftblitz a couple of months ago & both the cats are gone. I honestly was expecting around 330 bhp, so to see it produce 352 bhp was surprising but excellent. Adnan did predict 350 bhp before the dyno and his driven my car. Charley said the car feels strong & the gearbox is very good & has no slipping. That really gave me piece of mind!

Maybe I might be able to beat Axle's record :eyebrows:

whats the point? you drive slower than my mum :D :p