The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra summer time rebuild and paint

supra matt

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another weekend has passed got a bit more done like the windows out , bit more sanding (done by the girlfriend see cant get enough of it lol) his some pics to look at .

glass out

had a nasty surprise under there :rolleyes:.

soon sorted it with a quick grind and treatment :D

rest of the glass out

now the other half work O and my windscreen removal tool :D

well thats as far as i got for now ;).

Wow mate, you're making good progress!

That green supra looks interesting, I'm not a fan of the colour but the modified VS skirts look fantastic, I think the normal ones are a bit too out there, like the rest of the kit. Are there any more photos of it? Are you planning any more custom bits like the sides to the diffuser?

Wow mate, you're making good progress!

That green supra looks interesting, I'm not a fan of the colour but the modified VS skirts look fantastic, I think the normal ones are a bit too out there, like the rest of the kit. Are there any more photos of it? Are you planning any more custom bits like the sides to the diffuser?

Thanks mate no dont have any more pics of the green one sorry . As for custom bits yes got a fue idears in mind that i have not seen done before :eyebrows: .

Thanks mate no dont have any more pics of the green one sorry . As for custom bits yes got a fue idears in mind that i have not seen done before :eyebrows: .

Sounds interesting, good luck with it, theres plenty of scope to adjust things but not many people do. I found a few more of it in the end, not very nice from the other angles though the skirts look great.

• 3 weeks later...

well time for a small up date been quite busy on this over the last fue weeks and its almost ready to start laying some primer down :D

must say a big thanks to the girlfriend as she has sanded nearly the hole car down on her own while i've been doing other bits :D

also big thanks to brettjones off here for poping over and doing a spot of sanding to on the front bumper top bloke:D.

his some up dated pic as you can see i have removed the rest of the glass and the door cards , also taken off the side skirts so i could get some under seal up behind them as there going to be bonded and smoothed back in .

and as you will also see one of the changes i am doing is the door handles as ive not seen it done before and i like the flush look (i no a lot of people wont like it )

his the pics :D

bloody hell mate that is quick work!!!

its unrecognisable now but i bet it looks stunning once its done - nice touch with the handles! Does look better flushed - i had my old ones removed althether and poppers under the wing mirrors - not much use if you get a flat battery though!!

:)

Impressive work:) personally i think kits look much better without all the smoothing, keeping the bumper and skirt lines just makes it looks crisp to me, maybe its just me but smoothing just looks wrong imo.

thanks mate i no what you mean i was going to not bond the skirts back on but they have holes in where i had before so looks like ill be doing it again Will be making some changes to them to tho ;)

I hope you're doing your heater matrix while the dash is out :)

yes was thinking about it but the dash was so easy to take out dont think ill bother .