The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

3 huge boxes arrived at 2pm today.

By 5pm i had the bonnet, front wings and outer bumper fitted.

I have to say its a perfect fit. Every part just bolted on. Even the bonnet looks stock fit.

I couldnt be more happy with it. Huge thanks to dusty at MVP.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow. I took shed loads as i went on fitting stuff be the thread will be picture heavy tomorrow so watch out.

Good to hear that it's all arrived ok and it fits. I think I remember Dusty saying once that his supplier actually made the kits for TRD.

Much better than messing around with cheap crap :D

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys im really sorry but no pics today. Ive had a bit of a nightmare with the engine. All good now though thank god..

I fitted a power enterprise kevlar belt, put the tensIoner in place but when i tightened it the bolt just span. the threads were really poor on the oil pump where the tensioner bolts in the stripped with very little or no torque at all. I had visions of having to take the bloody thing apart again to replace the pump. BUT, after a couple of swigs of monster energy

I decided to drill and retap it out from m8 to m10 whilst on the engine. If it breaks it breaks. Using the tensioner as a guide, i drilled it out 9mm and then tapped it. PERFECT, was well pleased and very lucky at the same time lol.

Next, the bloody titan crank pulley. I checked the bore of the pulley and the diamiter of the spigot and the bore vas very slightly bigger as it should be so thought no need to hone it. How very wrong i was. It went on so far no probs them the engine started turning blowing air out of the plug holes and the manifold top. So a light encoutragement with a soft hammer and the pulley was on. Well alot of encouragment really. By this time it was 8.30pm. With the wife kicking off cos i leave for work at 9pm thought i better leave the Pics til tomorrow.

Sorry again guys but i promise it will be worth the weight.

aye i think your right there mate. Supra meet at my house at the weekend i think, all weekend. Best tell the missus to start cooking now lol.

You coming too haha.

Aye, may well have a jaunt up on Saturday, will let you know.

Gonna be some cracking sunshine too - should get a thread going in 'Events', crank up the BBQ and we'll bring some grub lol :D