Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure I'd rather remove a whole engine than swap a set of turbos. I've changed about 6 sets of twins for myself and other members and there the worst job I've ever done on a supra lol. I do it for the love though hahaha.

A bit more work done last night and today.

Painted and laquered the block,

Painted and laquered oil pick up,

Fitted the pistons and rods,

Polished 1 of the engine mount brackets,

Fitted the PHR oil pump.

Few piccy.

Heres a few other bits thats had a run in with my polishing mop over the last few days.

Mark im Pi#$ed off like you wouldnt believe lol:p

I really am sick to death of polishing. Most of the polished stuff will go to ray to be chromed, cos if I pre polish everything it costs a fraction of the cost to chrome. and im all for saving money lol.

Really liking this thread.

Great work my hat comes off to you.

Has the trd kit turned up yet?

Wish it bloody had lol. Dusty promised me he was sending it last wednesday and i should recieve it be next weekend but im waiting for a tracking number off him so I know its been sent. I could really do with getting the front end and bonnet on the car just to keep the water out as my car cover is rubbish.

Wish it bloody had lol. Dusty promised me he was sending it last wednesday and i should recieve it be next weekend but im waiting for a tracking number off him so I know its been sent. I could really do with getting the front end and bonnet on the car just to keep the water out as my car cover is rubbish.

Thats not good mate. What I have done before now is buy a pond liner place it over the area you want dry and then fit the cover. This way the cover holds it in place and the area stays dry.

Did you do a little newbies guide to polishing mate?

Really can't wait to see this finished. You think it'll be done for the Corbridge show in May?

Keep up the good work!

Totally forgot about the guide steve sorry mate. Ive got some other stuff to polish though so never fear lol.

Ill be lucky to have the car ready for may next year nevermind this year haha but i am pushing on best i can.

I am not having that John, you have polished the engine mounts but are leaving the bolts in a manky state :p looking good mate, hopefully not long till you can drop it back in.

Sorry John, ill ty harder next time.;)

Mark im Pi#$ed off like you wouldnt believe lol:p

I really am sick to death of polishing. Most of the polished stuff will go to ray to be chromed, cos if I pre polish everything it costs a fraction of the cost to chrome. and im all for saving money lol.

I was polishing me special tool at the weekend, fnar, and its still got little scratches on it. Its a mild steel disc and I'm trying to get a proper "tool-like" finish. I went through wet and dry papers (dry) up to 1500 grit, and then used 80, 150 and 300 grit polishing wheels, before going onto the three proper polishes.

Did I need to use the grit on mop wheels or did that take it too far back from the 1500 wet and dry?

I was polishing me special tool at the weekend, fnar, and its still got little scratches on it. Its a mild steel disc and I'm trying to get a proper "tool-like" finish. I went through wet and dry papers (dry) up to 1500 grit, and then used 80, 150 and 300 grit polishing wheels, before going onto the three proper polishes.

Did I need to use the grit on mop wheels or did that take it too far back from the 1500 wet and dry?

Sorry for hijack John.

What are the proper polishes and what mops are you using for the job ?

Sorry for hijack John.

What are the proper polishes and what mops are you using for the job ?

Er, sisal, stitch and then a soft open fabric one, the polish is a grey, green and blue bar. It was a kit from Merlin Abrasives iirc.

The stitch one is solid with "blackness"