• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much was the gasket kit bud?

Did it include the valve stem seals?

Gary

You wont believe it when i tell you mate.

A mate of a mate works at toyota i got the full engine gasket kit which included valve stem seal n head gasket etc etc for 165 quid plus vat and the water pump was 92 quid plus vat i think. I love discount me, theres nowt like a bargain lol.

Guest Lizzy Borden
You wont believe it when i tell you mate.

A mate of a mate works at toyota i got the full engine gasket kit which included valve stem seal n head gasket etc etc for 165 quid plus vat and the water pump was 92 quid plus vat i think. I love discount me, theres nowt like a bargain lol.

I'm gonna need a 1jz TT kit soon. D'ya think your mate could do another discount?;):innocent:

Gary

Why the NA water pipe bud

Im removing the stock oil cooler wayne for an aftermarket one. Because supras have engine bleeding nightmares i want to iliminate any not required water pipes at all. The stock TT main water pipe runs right around the engine so in theory all i need this pipe for is my heaters.

Im removing the stock oil cooler wayne for an aftermarket one. Because supras have engine bleeding nightmares i want to iliminate any not required water pipes at all. The stock TT main water pipe runs right around the engine so in theory all i need this pipe for is my heaters.

Hmmm may need to pick your brains further on this bud as wanting to to rid of mine

Well done Hodge,you sure know what your doing ,respect for doing it yourself,keep up the good work.

It's all just 1 big guess for me lol.

Heads on, cams are in but need shimming yet.

Put a few other bits on too. Will post some pics up tomorrow.

It's all starting to take shape now.

Heres Wednesdays efforts :D

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/004-10.jpg[/img</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> [img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/005-10.jpg

Since Wednesday ive removed the intake runners and rear strut brace and dropped them off at powdercoaters to get a nice covering of white shiney stuff. These should be back thursday next week at the latest.

ive got a huge box all packed up to send Ray aswell so that will be getting sent off either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Coming along, Have you decided on turbo yet mate?

Ive just emailed a guy on SF about a GT4274 to see what sort of price it would be for shipping. But to be honest jamie im in no hurry to buy a turbo really.

it will either be a GT42 or a BW bullseye S372 or slightly bigger:eyebrows:

A few pics from today.

Havnt done alot really. Ive cut and lined up the water pipe for the heater matrix asive removed the TT water pipework and gone for the simpler N/A system. I also wanted to iliminate as many rubber hoses as i could to reduce the chance of anything bursting especially near the downpipe when it gets so hot.

Ive angled the pipe which fits into the main pipe as to not restrict coolant flow.

Ive marked exactly where i want it to be welded up and will get it all done at work on tuesday night. Until then ive just masking taped it in place.

Hopefully the kit will arrive intact John, that way you can avoid any unforeseen costs and waiting times. The TRD kit is going to look stunning on your car. :cool:

I don't even want to think about it being damaged. It will be well boxed though. I'm more concerned about the bonnnet to be fair as I've no faith in couriers and carbon bonnets after my last escepade.