James

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Wheels will be getting properly refurbed (all dings and kerbing removed) and made back to silver (or maybe anthracite, bronze or white, but most likely silver).

Thinking of a UK spec brake upgrade, CW fast road pads, goodridge stainless & braided lines and some motul 5.1.

Have checked and the GTRs fit over the brakes fine. I have >25mm clearance with the current setup which is more than enough to then accomodate the UK specs. :)

Have found a very nice splitter (Kansai) that goes onto the stock front. Certainly a nice option for if I didn't want to change bumper (would be to Ridox if I did but very expensive to get the carbon splitter I'd want for that setup!).

Here is the Kansai:

This is the Ridox front with carbon splitter (and canards) I'd like otherwise:

On the brake upgrade front - have been reading quite a bit about these Cusco items being a good addition (especially on a brake upgraded model as they have a different master cylinder that suffers - slightly - more flex when using better brakes so it seems (through reading)).

Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Brace:

That may be something for me to consider when the time comes.

The other thing I have been looking at is bonnets (again, for down the line) and the two that I like the most are either regular carbon fibre efforts (stock styling, no silly scoops or contours) or the TRD vented job.

The TRD - as most of you know already! - looks like so:

So much stuff to decide, lucky I have plenty of time to do so I guess.

TRD's are a bit no-no if the car is going to be on the street in the rain. The cutouts just let the water run right onto your battery, alternator and other ignition and electical components.

It is nice to look at but not really worth it in the long run, IMO.

About time you got a bloody Supra. :D

And dont be copying me with the Ridox Kit cheeky, :p Im looking at the Carbon spliter also, i know Whiffin was talking about getting a replica made up, alot cheaper than the genuine one.

P.s dude, car looks Sweeeeeeeet! The modding bug will begin, so be warned, hope you've got loads of cash lying about?? lol :D

TRD's are a bit no-no if the car is going to be on the street in the rain. The cutouts just let the water run right onto your battery, alternator and other ignition and electical components.

It is nice to look at but not really worth it in the long run, IMO.

How about some perspex in the holes?

Would that look naff?

How about some perspex in the holes?

Would that look naff?

Thin bit of perspex might work behind the grill. Has to be better than nothing anyway. Another option may be to have some sort of drain behind the bonnet. I couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I just got rid lol.

• 1 month later...

Gutted about the lip. I'll try my best to find one somehow. :)

Matrix is now bypassed completely and the car has been fine - no more overheating. :)

UK square plate now on the back (police hassle). It's an 11x8 so you can see the hole behind it (13") so need to get a 13x8. Had to bend and squeeze it to make it fit in the back so it's scuffed the recess. Great. At least I won't get any bother any more though.

Got one of the EFL slam panels (cooling plate) on now:

Wheels are now white (Toyota 040 White - same as the bodywork). Looks a million times better than the black did:

Blitz 52mm mechanical boost gauge is now fitted in the clock hole too:

0.7 bar on first turbo and 0.8 bar on second turbo all the way to 7000 rpm.

Next is to paint the dash panels and calipers and then save up for visual bits and bobs. Need to do those boot rubbers too infact.

Also thinking of going for a first decat.

Just read this thread right through, wondering what it was about as your original post was some time ago.

As I continued reading, I thought that it was probably a mini project thread, then BAM.......

Gutted for you mate. Sincerely hope the car damage is how it looks,ie. panels. It needs a proper look underneath, which I'm sure you are aware of.Shite!