The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post Llandow discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got in a little while ago! what a day! i loved every second, jamie couldnt handle the fact that the noise his car made had competition :p lol

steve your a legend for organising that! now how about the refunds we discussed? lol

Lol, ive never seen anyone warm an engine up like you:D:blink:

well i would by purpose park my car right next to jamie and rev the crap out of it just to annoy him :D

jamie i was stuck in the M4 traffic for 1 hour and 15 minutes! video'd the wrecked rover though!

Yeah dazza took a video of it aswell, looked pretty mashed up, if anyone was in the back seat they would have been toast, we was right there when it happened and the rd was blocked, helicopter landed on the motorway to take the occupants away.

Bouncing off the rev limiter while stationary to warm it up:blink:, i thought i was going to get hit in the face by a rod:D

Just as a note, bouncing a car off the limiter while stationary will very quickly kill the engine. We had 3 people do it at a JAE many years ago, all 3 cars had serious engine problems very quickly after that.

Not something I would recommend.

Glad everybody had a good day today though.

Just another quicky to thank Ioan and his son, the mobile tyre fitters, who turned up for the whole day to change our tyres. I have never met a pair who tackled the job with such care and precision and were ultra friendly to boot. I know that my wheels need a lot of balancing and driving home after they had changed them I noticed that I had no hint of vibrations which had become a normal feature. Well done guys, and thanks for coming at such short notice. I for one will certainly be using you again. :clap:

my car was already warmed up, just preparing for what was in store....

Does not matter mate, it is no good for them to be revved to the limiter stationary regardless of engine temp.

Sounded like a good day though. Welldone to those who got their cars home in one piece.

Thanks to Steve for organising that, had a good time and my Saab survived chasing Supras.

Since my membership has lapsed I can't access the pics thread, but I am uploading over 600 pics my gf took to our Flickr account. The upload will be finished in the morning, but should be able to see the ones done so far.

Might take a while to wade through, but most cars are there, including 4 seperate spins for one Supra...