The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post Llandow discussion thread

Homer

I don't want the last bits of work making the earlier stuff look shoddy, so I decline the kind gentleman's offer, with thanks :)

;)

The sequential box needs a support bracket making, the propshaft needs making and balancing, the gear lever assembly needs fitting with some fabrication involved, and the engine needs mapping. Not a huge amount, but I have to also earn a living and keep this place in check as well. As for the Toyota engined Zeus, all the engine bits are made and here, they just want assembling, and an ecu loom making and fitting, together with a fuel and intercooler set up. a bit more time needed for this one :(

Amen to the bit I've highted.

You need Ryan.G to move in with you, he works like a man posessed! You could pimp him out too. I'd suggest primarily as a mapper, but whatever comes to mind.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a coplete novice but my ability to cope with Kate screaming slow down arrrgh!!! was tested, too. ;)

I'm not a complete novice, but I surpassed my ability on the final bend ;-)

(Nice hiding of text there Stevie boy ;) )

I think the whole Llandow things has been a massive success and well done to Steve for looking at it in the first place and organising the events which are great value for money.

Paul W is also right to point out the other tracks, but I can understand the reticence of some to do this over Llandow which is a good stepping stone for those people who want a taste of a trackday.

The track day me Dave F and Trig did at Brands (£99 in Dec 200?) was good too, shared the track with all sorts of machinery with no problems. Taking the supra around the same track i'd spectated at as a lad and following in the tyre tracks of so many motorsport legends added to the experience for me personally.

May be just open up the next Llandow event to friends of supra owners (whatever car they have) from the start to ensure numbers are up or that we know we are a little light alot earlier? The days are proving popular so if a supra owner happened to miss out to a 'non supra' entrant then they were more than likely a bit slow signing up and can just come to the next one!

Just like to echo what has been said all ready....

Well done Steve and to the team;). excellent day and very well organised by you and the track. :clap:

Great little track for the inexperienced and a good warm up for those to test out their cars ect.

Oh and of course a huge big thank you to John, Steve and Chris for being brave and taking me round I had a great time, and just want to get on the track myself now:ecstatic:

Oh and thanks to Danny for letting me borrow his helmet:)

Ive not seen many skylines at trackday`s at all, and the ones that have been there have been driven like complete wussy`s:D, it would be good to have some competition from the other jap straight 6`s:eyebrows:

Man i've seen your car, your engine and how you drive and i'll tell you this (without trying to make you too big headed, lol) it would take a well tuned car and a cracking driver to keep up!

Was one of the highlights of the weekend watching the "num" brothers hit the track!:D

Man i've seen your car, your engine and how you drive and i'll tell you this (without trying to make you too big headed, lol) it would take a well tuned car and a cracking driver to keep up!

Was one of the highlights of the weekend watching the "num" brothers hit the track!:D

Nice 1:)

Straw poll for me to get measure of interest:

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2009 2, assuming it was on a convienient date? Most likely September-ish.

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2010?

Who would seriously be up for both?

I'm a bit late getting to this, but...

I probably wouldn't be able to make part 2 this year, but I'm definitely up for 2010 :)

Just to echo everyone else too, I had a great time and would like to go to Llandow again.

Paul, I'd very much like to try some of the bigger circuits too, hopefully I'll see you at one some time soon :)

Ive not seen many skylines at trackday`s at all, and the ones that have been there have been driven like complete wussy`s:D, it would be good to have some competition from the other jap straight 6`s:eyebrows:

My mate has just bought a lightly tuned Skyline - it's lovely, see my new thread which will appear in a few mins. Oh, and he's WELL up for some trackday action. :)

I'm a bit late getting to this, but...

I probably wouldn't be able to make part 2 this year, but I'm definitely up for 2010 :)

Just to echo everyone else too, I had a great time and would like to go to Llandow again.

Paul, I'd very much like to try some of the bigger circuits too, hopefully I'll see you at one some time soon :)

:thumbs:

Steve have you got the photo's from the camara man yet?

Nope - probably be another week or two TBH. Photos is his 2nd job, linepainting is his weekday role.

The moment I ge them I'll post a few samples up like I did last year (hopefully at least 1 of everyone) then start a thread taking orders. :thumbs:

Hi Steve,

how did the call go?

:telephone: :yawn: :violin: :zzz: :giveup:

;)

I emailed but haven't had a reply. I'l email again... :(

Same thing happened last year and he promised it'd be different this time, but the pics were worth it in the end so fingers crossed he'll come through again this year. :)

Not yet :(

Are you going to Supra Pod? I'm still hoping to distribute them there - assuming I get them in time....

Unfortunately i'm not, a lot of things recently have absolutely drained my wallet dry.

When you do get them though let me know and i'll send you my address.

Cheers Steve!