The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post Llandow discussion thread

Homer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carnewman

It would be a good idea if we could get some people together and go and do the brands hatch track day.I know that we would not be able to hire the whole track because the cost would probably be thousands.But Why not? I think the Cost for a car is around £110.

It would be a good idea if we could get some people together and go and do the brands hatch track day.I know that we would not be able to hire the whole track because the cost would probably be thousands.But Why not? I think the Cost for a car is around £110.

Full days at large tracks in the Summer are more usually £200~£350.

9~10 of s did a BookaTrack event at Rockingham earlier in the year which was great fun.

Wez tried to whip up a crowd to join a similar organised event at Brands ealier in the year, but only 2~3 could make it.

Joining events like these doesn't stop us from having our own track day at places like Llandow, and vice versa. I jsut want to know if it's wirht my effort looking into more of these club-exclusive events or if the interest has passed. So far, it looks promising. :)

Straw poll for me to get measure of interest:

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2009 2, assuming it was on a convienient date? Most likely September-ish.

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2010?

Who would seriously be up for both?

Excellent idea, Both - and that goes for Steve in his Exige as well, who knows the other guy may make it in his Jag next time :rolleyes:

Many thanks Steve for a great day. Was my 1st track day and not the last, even if i did kill the torque converter and then spend 9,1/2 hours getting home with the AA man.

240 miles at 56 mph and 45 min driver break.

All good fun!! well up for the next one.

brands is £109 for half day that is from 11.30 am to 5pm with a real talk about the track and a slow drive around the track in a mini bus with a real driver. and then you get 4x 20mins on the track. i think that sounds good . full days are £199 -£300 depending on what day you go . im booking in for a date in Aug.

Is anyone going to post up best lap times? Would be interesting to see the difference certain mods/turbos make (driver skill or lack thereof aside!)

:stickpoke

Bignum (BPU+?) was lapping, on the clear laps on his video, at approx 47 secs which is 4 secs a lap quicker than i was back on the 2008 day in my stock 6 speed NA.

after spectating at llandow it was killing me not being out ther so i can i say i will deffo be in for the next one at llandow , it took my imaginatin so much , i went back to my workshop , orderd new bigger brakes , removed my sub amps and rear seats ,and turned my boost up. i want to play on a track

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2009 2, assuming it was on a convienient date? Most likely September-ish.

That looks like around 17 places reserved for Llandow 2009 part II and at least 12 for next year, all in under 12 hours, so is it a goer? :D

Both :) (dependant on clashing with kart racing)

Had a brilliant time at this one and my late thank you's to the people who made it happen.

Really was amazed by how well my car handled and Plenty of spin outs trying to copy jamie's drifting.

On the subject of having another Llandow this year Im in as long as its not first weekend of september.

Llandow 2010 Im up for also.

Why dont we do one at a proper circuit? I had a great time this afternoon at Brands and that was about £130 I think, I'd personally rather do half a day at world class track than a full day at another go kart track!

Believe me Paul, Steve has looked into this in great detail, the club would love to be in a position to make a track day viable at one of the bigger curcuits.

The problem though is getting exclusive access. Brands (well in fact most/all of the more well known curcuits) are very, very expensive to hire, we're talking at minimum 3 times as much, most are much more than that. The club actually lost money running Llandow this year as there were simply not enough people willing to commit to make it break even. To move to an event that will cost wel over £10k to hire is too much of a financial risk for the club - especially as we have to pay for it prior to anyone actually signing up!

The only way we could use a larger track is to use one of the exisiting track day organisers, but that loses the apeal as it'll always be shared with the general public (i.e. no different from any other track day).

We could of course hire Brands or the like for the day, but with the likely number of people attending it'd cost a lot more than going through a public track day company. (I think Steve worked out about £250-450 per entry for a full day).

Noise is another issue... I.e. no open wastegate singles at any private days, 98db or thereabouts is strictly enforced. Most tracks have only limited days they can run without limits, or even relatively sensible ones, these are not ones open to the likes of private clubs.