The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post Llandow discussion thread

Homer

I don't think that's quite what you meant!

lol! fixed now. ;)

Well I enjoyed my couple of goes on the track in the morning. Although the club did lose money it wasn't a huge amount and hopefully easily out weighed by the enjoyment everyone had. I expect the recession and job loses haven't help, so maybe next year people will be more willing to participate. We may have to keep it to the smaller (cheaper) tracks until we know there are enough members committed to attending a bigger track day.

And thanks Steve for your hard work in organising the event, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope it's just the recession and associated impacts. I did nearly have to drop-out myself. Shall keep my finger's crossed that the club show interest in more events. Glad you had fun! :)

I'm going to look into a straight line meet next, it's it's potentially affordable then I'll use that to test the waters again sometime soon...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Llandow this weekend was a great day, but I'm still a little disheartened for the future. I'd hoped to move to bigger & 'better' tracks, but we just don't seem to have the commitment amongst the ranks. I start to wonder why those who don't take in events like this even have Supras. These cars are for driving. :taped:

:rlol: so true

I think having Jap show the next day probably put off a few people, as does the current economic climate. I would like it to move to a bigger track, but would prefer more Llandow days than nothing. It's nice to see a few members track their cars :thumbs:

Speaking of laughs, you were a lot of fun as a passenger! :D

lol! why coz i couldnt stop laughing and shouting! i dont care what anyone says, im buying myself an NA stripping it totally and making a go kart like AlexM's car. it corners so hard!!! definately a ride to remember.

Alex do you remember on one of the laps near the end, the corner before the 2nd straight, i seriously thought you almost lost it, way to much power whilst going wide, and seen as you lost it before and had a lil bump i went a little quite because i seriously almost shat myself!!! :D

Cheers Jamie. :thumbs:

I just had a call from little num who said he really enjoyed it too.

I love the place, the staff are so friendly when I call them and so chilled on the day too. I know it's a 'cheap & cheerful' setup, and a little bumpy in places for vehicles with uber-stiff suspension, but otherwise it's a great track, good grippy surface, it great value (other places can charge more than 10 times that amount!), reasonably accessible despite the geographic location, good for novices and still fun for those with more track miles under their belts - we could do a lot worse!

lol! why coz i couldnt stop laughing and shouting! i dont care what anyone says, im buying myself an NA stripping it totally and making a go kart like AlexM's car. it corners so hard!!! definately a ride to remember.

Alex do you remember on one of the laps near the end, the corner before the 2nd straight, i seriously thought you almost lost it, way to much power whilst going wide, and seen as you lost it before and had a lil bump i went a little quite because i seriously almost shat myself!!! :D

Haha, yeah that would be why. :) I got a lot better at holding the slides at the end of the day, and there's only one way to learn! :D I'm sure with some decent rubber I can go around those corners a lot faster (especially the one I fell off of, twice!).

I love Llandow and really hope we have another one soon, few mates i spoke to about going never because japshow was the next day and they really wanted to do that.

It is simple but very very tidy, I learnt a lot there again and really hope we go next year (if not before). It's a pity some were put off over Japshow, it doesn't really seem any comparison...

Ive spoken to quite a few people and they were keen to go. Buts were put off buy the sheer distance. It was over 3 hours for me and im central in the country. People in essex and up north face a 5 hour drive. Which puts it out of the question.

Ive spoken to quite a few people and they were keen to go. Buts were put off buy the sheer distance. It was over 3 hours for me and im central in the country. People in essex and up north face a 5 hour drive. Which puts it out of the question.

well not really guigsy, im from essex and i managed it in about 3 hours. yes traffic held me up a bit but was a good drive.

I came from Sheffield via Birmingham.:p

That's why we book the travelodge the night before, friday have the long drive down and then have a relaxing night (and "some" beers) then wake up and have an absolutely great day!

Steve cheers again for this, and if you do organise another one, count me signed up already, loved every second!

Glad to scan this thread and see everyone had a good time, I would have loved to have come over again, but work precludes too much playing at the moment. I have decreed to myself that next year will see no unfinished race cars still sat around in June. I did decree this in 2008, mind you, but this time I am pretty determined... ;)

Has anyone been inspired by track days in their road cars enough to buy a proper race car yet? I know (hell, how I know) that there's a recession, but with that comes cheap race cars to tinker with, and use when the climate financially improves!

Trailer say 800 quid, for something very recent, with similar resale value in 18 months. Tow car? Could be almost anything, they weigh sod all, no need to spend even close to a grand on a tow car, if you don't already have something suitable. Given it'll blow any Supra and probably Skyline in the UK off the track, looks pretty mint, comes WITH a huge spares package including a fresh spare engine, and given what people spend on Supras and things, it's not dear :)

Straw poll for me to get measure of interest:

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2009 2, assuming it was on a convienient date? Most likely September-ish.

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2010?

Who would seriously be up for both?

Who would seriously be up for Llandow 2009 2, assuming it was on a convienient date? Most likely September-ish.

Would love to do Llandow in september but wouldn't be able to unfortunately as I will be in Frnace for most of it, and the time i'm not I will be skint most likely, lol!

2010 though, bring it on!

I'd seriously be up for both and I'm sure Chris would be too. I've really enjoyed the Supra days at Llandow, not just for the track, but the atmosphere too. :)

You know I'm serious Steve, because I've used up another post to say so! ;)

Failing that, we could always get a group together for booking on an existing day at one of the other tracks. I know Circuit Days have one at Cadwell in early September and Book A Track are at Rockingham on various Saturdays throughout the year.

Edited by WRX-Jo (see edit history)