The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single wiper conversion

Guest blueangel

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I miss this thread. Good to see all the love flying around.

Good on the guys that want to give this ago. If it can be made to work so that visibility is not compromised and the wiper can be parked hidden, it would be a very good mod. Might not be good for everyone, but I would guess many would follow the OP's lead.

If we all listened to those who say things can't be done, it would be pretty boring. It is good to think outside box.

Guest duncan304

the single wiper sits to the passenger side of my car but you can alter its park position to whereever you want i.e. centre of screen like race cars. However storm did warn me that it can be a little distracting and wont pass its mot if you do this. I will try to put pictures on but had no look when I tried to put some on of my car a few months back. I am not a computer expert !! I will take some pictures tomorrow and try again.

• 3 months later...
Dont forget the rear washer fluid nozzle at the top of the hatch...no point going through all that effort if its not done 100%.

Yeah, this was pointed out to Dave on the thread I linked before. His response was this:

Was wondering who'd be the first to pick up on that!!! Im thinking about modifying it to squirt cream on girls' boobs as I drive past...

As much as this sounds fun, I'll remember to remove mine :D

Guest blueangel

lol ive still not done anywork on this but i did remove all the gubbing on the rear end as you know and i think i have one of the smoothest rears on the forum lol

Can't believe i've missed this!

Anyway back in my younger 'chav' days, I made my own single wiper conversion for my 205 GTI. Basically, I used the rear wiper from a renault espace (approx 1998>). I think the grand espace is slightly larger. Anyway, all i did was remove the gubbins from the drivers side by chopping it, and to extend the 'stroke' of the passenger wiper I cut the bar that pivots in circles if you get what i'm saying? Its a fine measurement and the slightest cut/weld increases the stroke quite a bit. Trial and error i'd say and if its tidy enough will look good i'd say.

Wow a lot of haters on the forum obviously...guess this is why I don't come on here as often as I did...seems someone posts a thread up, gets mabye 2 or 3 useful replies and then 20 replies telling then they are a chav, followed by 30 pages of arguing.

I personally think that it would look good on a GT styled car (Castrol Tom's for example) and wish you all the best of luck in doing it!

Can't believe i've missed this!

snap.

My MR2 turbo came with a single wiper not ideal but was planning to change it anyway. It was a nightmare in heavy rain so it was removed and stock wipers fitted shortly after, couldnt clear the screen fast enough. turned out to be a blue adonised extension that went between the wiper motor and the mechanism, that was it.

I will see if i can find a picture.

ive got one going on mine...had it a while but not had a chance to fit it....will try and do it next week. its a big blade (26" iirc)and by the looks of it it will clean the screen better than the stock item. ive got the washer on the arm too as well as a smooth arm cover so it looks much better....

you dont get a whole mech, just a few bits to modify your old linkage so a little faffing around but should be good. i'll let you know how it cleans as soon as ive fitted mine.