The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single wiper conversion

Guest blueangel

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for "chav" cars i dont see much fiberglass or big sound systems?

i no u were but for people to say single wiper instantly means chav its stupid, and then pointed out its more chav to have lots of fiberglass and sound installs like a huge percentage of this forum have but then the people with all of the above still try and use the chav card if a member does some thing a little different

"i have a dream,.......... wer older members , younger members tt and n/a can all live in pice and harmony, wer my children wont be segragated in school , just because they have a single wiper ,

why cant we all just get along . "

( martin supra king 1993 )

but back to the point id go with the merc set up. you can make any thing fit any thing ..... if you hit it hard enuf.lol

but the swivel action will look more profesional and less "chav" if you can gat it in tidy. when you finish dont forget to post pics , or ever a vid so i can have a butchers.

Yeah it works just fine.

Oh really?

So what was your excuse for not going to Llandow?

Borrowed form "Llandow - what's your excuse?" thread

Easier said than done! A single stone chip would kill me!

I love my single, but i don't go around corners in it!

Thinking of investing in an MR2 for track days

Very practical;)

Having a single wiper means it aint going to clean the windows properly.

And how do you work that out?:blink:

Wow.

Would be pretty hard to have our cars look like that considering he wants to do it to a supra:p

Guest blueangel

Lol what size can of worms did i open again :innocent:

There is a distinct difference between all of those cars and my supra lol a very big difference but then again there is a big difference between all of the supra's on this site and my supra lol:eyebrows:.

You guys should know by now i dont do things normal lol i like to be different but im certainly not chav by a long shot.

Ive had a look at the merc wipers and im not sure as the wiper arm is still an ugly looking thing im after something that looks modern and covered and without the huge bit at the bottom of the arm.

Wow.

Would be pretty hard to have our cars look like that considering he wants to do it to a supra:p

why link to pictures of race cars in your post then? Not a single Supra in those. ;)

Its personal choice, if somebody wants to do something to their Supra that in the eyes of some is seen as 'chav' then thats their choice.

I personally hate bling on Supras, I also hate GT spoilers and dodgy coloured leather retrims. But if somebody chooses to do that I will simply say its not my bag and move on to ogling something that does take my fancy.

Originally Posted by Matt H

Yeah it works just fine.

Oh really?

So what was your excuse for not going to Llandow?

Borrowed form "Llandow - what's your excuse?" thread

Quote:

Easier said than done! A single stone chip would kill me!

I love my single, but i don't go around corners in it!

Thinking of investing in an MR2 for track days

Very practical

:wacko: Quick 101: Practicality.

I have a purpose for my car, i want it to look good and if going fast, i want it to be in a straight line. I wouldn't want to test it on a track because i don't want to come off and waste it. It serves it's purpose just fine, i do not want to track it.

However, we all want to clear our windscreens, it is essential, unlike tracking a car, which is not. A single wiper conversion won't do that.

Quote:

Having a single wiper means it aint going to clean the windows properly.

And how do you work that out?

Because the window screen isn't shapped for a single conversion, and whatever that must be done to make it work like two wipers do, isn't available.

Guest blueangel

It doesnt really matter about it working aswell as the twin blades as its going to be a fair weather car anyway so not actually likely to see the rain to be honest, but i do want it to look good which i think they do and aslong as it cleans bugs off ill be happy:p