Tidying up engine bay

jevansio

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds good. You may have mentioned this already...did you have to hack into, and then extend, the wiring for the ignitor or was there enough slack to relocate it?

I'm goning to have to extend it, not by much though, there's enough to get it to the inner wing, just I'm going to put it in the passenger footwell so I'll need another 6 - 12 inches depending on where I bolt it

No worries, you might find the first time you push it on it won't go, just keep trying, it does go & once on is super tight :)

PS be interested if you find a nice way to tidy the corners, I did it in 4 strips one for each side, I also tried running one length all the way round. I'm on the look out for something to tidy the corners up.

Well I'm used to cutting trunking at 90 degrees bends, which usually good tidy so I'm sure I'll sort something out :D

Small update, got the bosses rewelded on the radiator, so that is all back together & fitted. Got some small mikalor clamps for the rad pipe so that's all jubilee clips gone.

Started work on the fusebox. My old one was destroyed so I bought a new bottom and made a bracket and refitted it. Also sprayed & lacquered the fusebox tops (I'm not great at spraying so will prolly get them redone when I get the car resprayed).

Dan (DanDan), I took some photo's of the downpipe, TBH you can't see a lot (it's too dark). There is loads of room around the downpipe mostly. It is very close to runner #6 (but obviously you won't care as you're using a cast manifold). Also it's pretty close to the firewall (but as I don't yet have my midpipe fitted it's hard to tell as it could move). Anyway here's the pics I took:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96235&stc=1&d=1248542339

attachment.php?attachmentid=96236&stc=1&d=1248542339

attachment.php?attachmentid=96237&stc=1&d=1248542339

IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Many thanks chaps, yeah those shots do show the progress well.

HKS DLI is going into passenger footwell, I'm holding off cutting any more loom until the turbo turns up, I want to start the car to check all wiring so far is OK before extending any more to reduce any fault finding I may have to do :)

PS, this is how she looked at the start of the year when I pulled it out the garage after the winter :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=91068&stc=1&d=1240083798

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)