jevansio

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the way you have tidied up the Right side of the engine compartment

No battery, no ignition pack, no wires there at all, that is impressive.

Cheers Imi, that was the side that used to do my head in, it was so untidy, I wanted it as clean as the drivers side.

I think the whole bay just looks amazing! ;)

Looking forward to seeing it with the turbo back in :cool:

Cheers bud, you & me both :D, with the turbo & TRD brace back in it should be complete :)

So where have you relocated all the fuses then? Inside somewhere?

No, fuse box is staying put, you can see it in picture 1 out of it's case, I've bought a new case for it as mine was buggared. I'm waiting until I put the pipework to the throttle back on before deciding on the final position of the fusebox

Ah gotcha. Impressive work by the way. Its easy to get carried away with this I expect.

Cheers :thumbs:

Nice Jay. Have you thought about moving the relays in the box on the driver's side? From memory, all the wires come from the wing anyways so they should be long enough.

It did cross my mind bud, I'll prolly make a call on that once everything is back together,

Wow ... that looks amazing. :)

Where did you get the batterie from?

Will you have it weighted to see if its going to be below 1400 kg?

:thumbs:, I got the battery from a shop on ebay, CAM auto developments or CAM autosport. Yip once all the work is done I'll be getting it weighed to get a true figure, it was 1420kg last time so I'm pretty confident of seeing 1300's

When you removed the ignitor pack did you bolt it back onto the chassis somewhere out the way? I've been doing the same to my car and found that the car wouldn't start with the ignitor not bolted in its original place...

When you removed the ignitor pack did you bolt it back onto the chassis somewhere out the way? I've been doing the same to my car and found that the car wouldn't start with the ignitor not bolted in its original place...

Hey Daz, I haven't bolted it back yet, but if I get any troubles I'll bear that in mind, it'll prolly just need the casing earthing I would imagine.

Updates have been sparse this week, Betfair has been troublesome so I've been putting all my efforts into that.

I have managed to get a little bit done.

Got a Greddy Oil Cap from Heckler (exactly the same as my current cap excpet this has a sticker, mine fell off). Also replaced the nuts on the fuel rail cover with domed ones :))

attachment.php?attachmentid=95578&stc=1&d=1247322983

I bought some gunk & cleaned a lot of oily residue from around the lower parts of the engine, also spent some time trying to give my water pump a little bit of a shine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95579&stc=1&d=1247322983

attachment.php?attachmentid=95580&stc=1&d=1247322983

I've also decided to replace all blue hoses with black, so I've fitted the radiator hose, throttle & airfiler hose with black ones.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95581&stc=1&d=1247322983

The biggest job was the radiator which I'm just typing up now...

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

Img_3955.jpg

After moving the fan shroud closer to the rad to improve the effifency of the fans, I decided to buy some trim to go around the edge to give a perfect seal.

I bought some generic boot rubber trim.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95582&stc=1&d=1247323363

attachment.php?attachmentid=95583&stc=1&d=1247323363

Cut it to length & tried it down one side, it's pretty tough to push on but it's solid now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95584&stc=1&d=1247323363

attachment.php?attachmentid=95585&stc=1&d=1247323363

A look down the profile to see how much "gap filling" it gives

attachment.php?attachmentid=95586&stc=1&d=1247323363

This was when I decided that the bosses I cut down on the radiator would need putting back on. I wasn't really happy with them after I cut them as there wasn't much thread in them (due to me wanting the fans closer). I'm going to take it to a welding place near me & get them to return it to it's original state now I don't need the shroud as close.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95587&stc=1&d=1247323363

I cracked on & put the trim all around the shroud. Some pics of the seal it gives against the rad (will be even better when the shroud is bolted on & the trim "nips up").

attachment.php?attachmentid=95588&stc=1&d=1247323363

attachment.php?attachmentid=95589&stc=1&d=1247323363

attachment.php?attachmentid=95590&stc=1&d=1247323363

attachment.php?attachmentid=95591&stc=1&d=1247323363

Some pics of the finished article (I like the effect in the 1st pic where it looks like the central part of the shroud is floating in mid air :))

attachment.php?attachmentid=95592&stc=1&d=1247323363

attachment.php?attachmentid=95593&stc=1&d=1247323363

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

Nice work mate:)

Cheers bud, turbo STILL isn't here, I'm hoping it'll be early next week although I'm not sure how much time I can spend on it at the mo

Yeah good job. You've gone to some length to get a good seal. This is probably a numpty question but do your fans blow or suck?

Yeah, I'm a bit anal that way :), they suck

Just ordered the same, thanks :)

No worries, you might find the first time you push it on it won't go, just keep trying, it does go & once on is super tight :)

PS be interested if you find a nice way to tidy the corners, I did it in 4 strips one for each side, I also tried running one length all the way round. I'm on the look out for something to tidy the corners up.