The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tidying up engine bay

jevansio

dont tell me, it should be black :yawn:, i find the current fashion fad obsession with absolutely everything in the engine bay black quite frankly a bit dull, be a rebel Jay, stand out from the croud and leave it pink purple :eyebrows:

I was going to say silver myself :p

But it seems there is a love for pink / purple rails :D

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where are is the tensioners for the belt to slacken off to remove the pulleys?

It's gone, not needed if you can shift smoothly in a 6 speed

EDIT, it's not actually the tensioner thats gone, that is still there, it's the dampener on the tensioner that is gone

• 5 weeks later...
You do need a tensioner, I haven't removed my tensioner, I've removed the dampener

Thats looking very nice dude, I'm just about to do the same sort of thing to mine whuile the engine is out, maybe not quite as mad as you have gone but will try and tidy her right up.

You will need the damper back on the tensioner dude, full throttle shifts will throw the belt off trust me, you can get a ally top bracket and the bottom bracket can be ploished up too.

• 4 weeks later...
Thats looking very nice dude, I'm just about to do the same sort of thing to mine whuile the engine is out, maybe not quite as mad as you have gone but will try and tidy her right up.

You will need the damper back on the tensioner dude, full throttle shifts will throw the belt off trust me, you can get a ally top bracket and the bottom bracket can be ploished up too.

If I start chucking the belt off I'll have to rethink & put it back on, but as of yet I haven't chucked it off after many a spirited drive

Anyway as I got the turbo this week I've been cracking on. I fixed the dodgy manifold stud with a helicoil and fitted the manifold today. Thought I may aswell get some pics with the turbo sat in place, it's not hooked up (water line fittings are different to the 4088R), but it's good to see her looking as she should again.

There were no fitment issues at all with the HKS manifold & the H-Cover, loads of room there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102278&stc=1&d=1260024117

attachment.php?attachmentid=102279&stc=1&d=1260024117

Img_4679.jpg

Img_4682.jpg