Tidying up engine bay

jevansio

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mate. Yes its the UR pulleys all over the engine, except crank pulley which is ATI.

Sweet. I have the UR pulleys, but std cam and crank. I have VVTI so not too bothered yet about the exhaust cam. They look so good though!

I will take some more and better pictures monday. These are just a few I snapped quick with my phone bacause the batteries in my digi cam died.

All wires to the front are tucked inside the panels. Fuse box is relocated to glove compartment. A lot of unneeded stuff has been removed, and other stuff moved around to locations like behind engine, underneath intake manifold and other trick places. I'll try to document it better with some pictures.

02 sensors is going into the bungs, those are not installed eighter you are right :)

oil lines are installed. The turbo isnt water cooled.

Little update, I decided to spray the inner wings to spruce op the bay, I'm an impatient bugger and couldn't be arsed with masking stuff off so just went straight ahead and sprayed, couple of runs here and there but it's doen the job, I guess I'll never make a professional sprayer :D

Most of the fixtures turned up for my breather system and the relocation of the idle valve so I put them on to give an idea of what it'll look like when done.

Wires are all over the place as I'm in the middle of relocating a load of stuff so it's going to get a lot messier before it starts getting better.

Good thing is once the drivers wing is done I can have that half of the car sorted & when the turbo turns up I can have it put on ASAP leaving just wiring/spraying of the passenger wing.

I'm going to replace blue samcos with black so when done the entire engine will be black/chrome with red/blue fixtures :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=94345&stc=1&d=1244824451

attachment.php?attachmentid=94346&stc=1&d=1244824451

attachment.php?attachmentid=94347&stc=1&d=1244824451

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

I know this isn't the done thing but have you thought about masking the HKS badge and painting the fuel rail black? I ended up doing that with the TRD brace and it came up brilliant.

I love the entire car, just thinking that if your doing a tidy.... a colour co-ordination would just finish it off nicely :)

I can't spray my big purple stick black :D, lol I know what you mean though, it's the only thing in the bay that colour, I'll see what it's like when it's all back together.

Cheers though guys :), will be doing more work on it today while the weather is fine

I can't spray my big purple stick black :D, lol I know what you mean though, it's the only thing in the bay that colour, I'll see what it's like when it's all back together.

Cheers though guys :), will be doing more work on it today while the weather is fine

Its anodised ally. just have it anodised a different colour.

Small update, been working on it all day (I'm a slow worker :D). Gave the wing another couple of coats of paint, then finsihed with a clear lacquer. Sprayed the little fuse box and fixed with black bolts.

Redid the wiring for my defi sensors & they now run through the wing. Also chopped off some of the unused connectors from the loom and generally tidied up any messy wiring on the drivers side.

Doesn't look much of a change but it's taken me all day :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=94373&stc=1&d=1244916551

attachment.php?attachmentid=94374&stc=1&d=1244916551

attachment.php?attachmentid=94375&stc=1&d=1244916551

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

Cheers Kev, TBH your attention to detail has inspired me to do this, when I'm putting certain touches on (like the anodised black dome headed bolts for the fuse box) I'm thinking (I bet Kev would have done that) :D

:blush: Really? I feel special :innocent:. I'm sure your misses isn't thanking me though :D

Homers right jay that little attention to detail makes all the difference really it does.

You've inspired me with the engine bay painting I'm gone give that a go myself in the near future. I'm looking forward to seeing how the intake side tidys up that's gona be a mean feet but it's gona look amaIng when it's done.