Tidying up engine bay

jevansio

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Mark (just noticed the new name :D)

Not sure bud, the way I saw it, when things like the HKS DLI were wired in they introduced more wire than the amount I'm introducing. It's getting a full remap as I'm changing the turbo anyways so I guess issues like that could be sorted then?

IIRC from my uni days, electricity flows at around 2/3rds the speed of light. An extra few feet (or for that matter, MILES) won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. ;)

Jay, any chance of some pics of where all the gubbins has gone? I can't believe yuo can make the engine bay this simple, surely there is a downside? How accessible is, and what you, moved? :search:

IIRC from my uni days, electricity flows at around 2/3rds the speed of light. An extra few feet (or for that matter, MILES) won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. ;)

Jay, any chance of some pics of where all the gubbins has gone? I can't believe yuo can make the engine bay this simple, surely there is a downside? How accessible is, and what you, moved? :search:

Sure Steve, next time I am taking pics I will make a list of what has moved & where to. Remember in the pics I'm missing the turbo & induction cone, also still missing FMIC pipework. I think before I'm finished it'll look a bit more "fuller"

I still take my hat off to you mate. I will start a similar project just as soon as I'm feeling brave enough, and have a bit more time.

Cheers bud, TBH it isn't really that hard doing the relocation, the hard bit is deciding where to put stuff & the best way to route wires/pipes etc :D. In a way I should have waited until the car was running before relocating stuff as if it doesn't fire up 1st time I'm going to have a bit of a job tracking down what has caused any probs :)

Cheers Mark (just noticed the new name :D)

Not sure bud, the way I saw it, when things like the HKS DLI were wired in they introduced more wire than the amount I'm introducing. It's getting a full remap as I'm changing the turbo anyways so I guess issues like that could be sorted then?

Yeah, the old name was a bit of a mouthful and when I was meeting people it was actually a little silly. I reckon the mapping will take into account all the differences. Good call.

IIRC from my uni days, electricity flows at around 2/3rds the speed of light

I'm glad you can remember that far back ;)

In a way I should have waited until the car was running before relocating stuff as if it doesn't fire up 1st time I'm going to have a bit of a job tracking down what has caused any probs :)

I'm sure you'll get it fired up first time. You seem pretty meticulous so I think it'll be great.

More bits turned up today. Fitted the new braided fuel hose and mounted the fuel filter (getting a dab hand at fitting these aeroquip fittings together :)). I fitted a 120 fitting on the rail so it cleared the PS pump better. Couple of pics, not sure if I'll leave the filter there or completely hide it underneath somewhere, on one hand it matches the rest of the bay being red, but not sure if it's going to look too clutered once everything is back in, I'll see when it's all back together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95173&stc=1&d=1246390162

attachment.php?attachmentid=95174&stc=1&d=1246390162

attachment.php?attachmentid=95175&stc=1&d=1246390162

Img_3877.jpg

Img_3881.jpg

Img_3884.jpg

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Looking great Jay, the continued strive for engine bay perfection is a challange is it not, and a tad expensive if someone else is doing it, good on you for having a go yourself mate

The US forum is always a good test to how you have done !!, I tried that and did ok with them

It sure is Dean, cost me £200 for the bits to do that fuel line & some power steering hoses (none of which really needed changing). But yes the time I'm putting in on this would be costing me £££££ to get a garage to do it (I doubtful if a garage would do it to the level I want as I'm continuously changing my mind about stuff as I do it).

I'll def shot it up on the US forum for some feedback once completed :D

I really should stop checking this thread out, as it's tempting me into going down this route aswell *must resist* :D

Coming along nicely. Personally if it were me, I'd try and hide the filter :)

I think you're right mate, might move both the FPR & filter out the way to make the ABS area even cleaner. It won't be too hard, there's a nice spot on the chassis legs

Very nice Jay...!!

What are you doing Saturday?? You could visit us on the A66 perhaps??;):)

H.

Yeah Paul, don't think I can bud, I've got a load of jobs to do on the Supe in prep for the turbo turning up in 2 weeks, if I'd of been on the road with the Supe I'd of jumped at the chance.

Todays thankless task was heatwrapping the manifold. What a PITA that was.

Used both 1" & 2" copper wrap to get around some tight pipework bends, then sprayed with the copper spray.

It looked pretty cool so I thought I'd spray the new 4" downpipe too. Think I went a bit too far with the turbine housing, it's starting to look like the midas touch, good job this is the old GT4088R housing :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=95189&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95190&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95191&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95192&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95193&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95194&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95195&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95196&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95197&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95198&stc=1&d=1246476359

attachment.php?attachmentid=95199&stc=1&d=1246476359

Img_3885.jpg

Img_3886.jpg

Img_3888.jpg

Img_3889.jpg

Img_3891.jpg

Img_3894.jpg

Img_3896.jpg

Img_3897.jpg

Img_3899.jpg

Img_3900.jpg

Img_3902.jpg

Todays job, I noticed that my AAP fan kit didn't fit flush with the radiator, there was a pretty big gap around it. When the fans were on they were sucking air from round the shroud (rather than through the rad). I figured I'd make it more efficient by moving the shroud closer to the rad so it'd suck more air through the rad. Also to the opportunity to polish the shroud all over.

I like that fan kit you have. Where did you get that from then? Is it specifically for that rad?