jevansio

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Just picked these up from Cleveland Chroming, a nice cheap way to brighten up pulleys without spending £100's on aluminium ones. The PS pulley is covered in little ridges which has made it not such a mirror like finish, but it's a hell of a lot better than the old black one in person.

Will hopefully get installed pics this weekend.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99345&stc=1&d=1254484486

photo.jpg

did you not speak to ray 1st matey im sure he,d have sorted you out.

Ray as in Reflections? I didn't bud, I didn't realise he did chroming, thought he only did polishing?

They'll be pretty heavy though surely? Standard weight plus a little chrome?

They will be yeah, I bet the difference in performance is unnoticiable though.

Are the pulleys easy to get off?

I changed the belts on a mazda mx-3 and had to take half the engine out to get them off

Easy, 4 bolts for 1, 1 nut for the other, 5 mins

My intercooler pipes are powered coated, I wanted the one onto the throttle with a mirror finsih. I had it sandblasted to remove the paint, but the chromers couldn't chrome aluminium. So I was left with the task of polishing it myself, loads of wet & dry & polishing later it looks like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=99354&stc=1&d=1254500022

attachment.php?attachmentid=99355&stc=1&d=1254500022

I also made a bracket to hold my power steering cooler (before it was zip tied to the chassis), I'll prolly get some ducting to direct air onto it (it's basically sitting right behind one of the front bumper side ducts)

attachment.php?attachmentid=99356&stc=1&d=1254500022

Also got the above pulleys fitted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=99357&stc=1&d=1254500022

attachment.php?attachmentid=99358&stc=1&d=1254500022

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Img_4427.jpg

Img_4428.jpg

Cheers guys,

Nice job Jay - looking good. Imagine what you wouldn't have got done if the turbo had turned up on time! :D

Lol, always looking on the bright side :D

Thats a diddy PS cooler, i need something like that, every time on track i boil my fluid.

Jay where did you get that PS fluid cooler?

Michel put it on when I went single guys, it's just common or garedn 5 row cooler

Looking well Jay. Not keen on the pink hks fuel rail though :limp:

:D

dont tell me, it should be black :yawn:, i find the current fashion fad obsession with absolutely everything in the engine bay black quite frankly a bit dull, be a rebel Jay, stand out from the croud and leave it pink purple :eyebrows:

dont tell me, it should be black :yawn:, i find the current fashion fad obsession with absolutely everything in the engine bay black quite frankly a bit dull, be a rebel Jay, stand out from the croud and leave it pink purple :eyebrows:

Don't worry, I'm leaving my purple rod well alone