The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Post JapFest 2009 discussion thread

Homer

i think in future there should be warnings on the tickets or the bumph that comes with them.

just to remind club members of a few day ruining possibilities .

sneaky camera vans

after event number plate issues

noisy exhausts

even if its just a reminder it might help stop getting a needless ticket and having a great day spoilt

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BS mark is the British Standard BSAU 145d which is normally found at the bottom right hand corner of the number plate. The copper says without that "he" can not tell if it has the right reflectivity backing. (I thought, well, you prove otherwise) To me, it was the most petty thing i have heard and i was very unlucky like some others that day, to be stopped by this tw#t of a copper. he was just out to issue as many tickets as possable, and it is that type who give a bad reputation to traffic police!

My rear plate is a standard sized import version, but the front, considering my registration number is reasonably short, I decided on a cut down version of the import plate.

I think it looks better, although it's probably not as the police would like to see it, but I haven't had any trouble with it on, as the letters are the correct size and it reflects like a BS one would.

I did see Mr T stuck at the side of the road, and wondered why, because no one was speeding out of there. Very petty indeed.

Sadly, most police are tossers. Not all... But most.

Thats rubbish imo, they aint made of different stuff:d in all walks of life you come across the odd tosser but imo if you are straight with them and freindly then most are good as gold.:)

True, but it's like they naturally select themselves to be petty and enforce the more pointless laws and that actually, the good ones are the ones that are few and far between, rather than the not-so-good. Like I say, there ARE notable exceptions, but usually, if you come across a copper and he screws the nut for you, aren't you surprised by it...?

Sadly, most police are tossers. Not all... But most.

Thats rubbish imo, they aint made of different stuff:d in all walks of life you come across the odd tosser but imo if you are straight with them and freindly then most are good as gold.:)

I can only go off my experiance. The majority of the coppers i have met have been little hitlers, extremely awkward and very much hypocrites.

I can vouch for the fact that we're not all tossers, and think it's very narrow minded to think the majority of us are. Remember your comments the next time you need our help. Jamie is right in saying that you get tossers in every walk of life, this site for example has its fair share.

I agree, there are two types:

Non-tossers and traffic cops ;)

G

True.

I been driving without front numberplate for the last 3 - 4 years, I do get pulled over now and again. But never had any problems, all I say is 'It spoils the look and has no space'.

All said in friendly manner. Or I might have been lucky to come across good coppers :)

I agree too that majority of police are cool, i've never had a problem with them, I think its all down to how you talk to them!!... Take Tony for example he gets pi**ed of with them and i think for no reason or cos he has done something wrong but they are just doing there job.... he see's it differently but then he permanently has the arse anyway:p

I think some people just have a no reason dislike!.. We are even having a heated discussion about them now! (grrrrrrr)

I agree too that majority of police are cool, i've never had a problem with them, I think its all down to how you talk to them!!... Take Tony for example he gets pi**ed of with them and i think for no reason or cos he has done something wrong but they are just doing there job.... he see's it differently but then he permanently has the arse anyway:p

I think some people just have a no reason dislike!.. We are even having a heated discussion about them now! (grrrrrrr)

In my (long) experience with police, I think there are good and bad, but I don't call it "doing their job" to "race" you from behind in the dark on a country road (Soo) just because she was in an XR2i !

They drove very close & pulled back and did it again and again, she was on her own and frightened to death.

I don't think it's doing thier job to blue light you to check if your number plate was 1/4" or 1/16" to small.

Don't think it's doing their job when they pull you over for doing a little over the limit and then bollock you disrespectfully including swearing (which we can get arrested for if we swear in reply).

The older I get the more I think that there are just too many jumped-up coppers about.

I think the States have it right, wear a big gun and talk politely.

G (not heated, just a little dissapointed in some of our good old bobbies).

In my (long) experience with police, I think there are good and bad, but I don't call it "doing their job" to "race" you from behind in the dark on a country road (Soo) just because she was in an XR2i !

They drove very close & pulled back and did it again and again, she was on her own and frightened to death.

I don't think it's doing thier job to blue light you to check if your number plate was 1/4" or 1/16" to small.

Don't think it's doing their job when they pull you over for doing a little over the limit and then bollock you disrespectfully including swearing (which we can get arrested for if we swear in reply).

The older I get the more I think that there are just too many jumped-up coppers about.

I think the States have it right, wear a big gun and talk politely.

G (not heated, just a little dissapointed in some of our good old bobbies).

Yeah ok fair point!.. and i guess i don't have any ill feeling to police is i've never been puled over (yet)... The only times i have had a need to talk is from working in a garage where we had close contact (cuppa usually)...

I suppose if i had any of the dealings you have stated and its a jumped up copper i would have the same.....

You sound so much like Tony! lol

As has been said there are good and bad in all people... I must have been lucky and got the nice ones!:D

Yeah ok fair point!.. and i guess i don't have any ill feeling to police is i've never been puled over (yet)... The only times i have had a need to talk is from working in a garage where we had close contact (cuppa usually)...

I suppose if i had any of the dealings you have stated and its a jumped up copper i would have the same.....

You sound so much like Tony! lol

As has been said there are good and bad in all people... I must have been lucky and got the nice ones!:D

To be honest, it was Soo's only bad experience with the police (although it really shoook her up). The few other times she's been pulled they have been polite & friendly.

One even asked her if the zaust was legal (it's not) she said "yes" and he said OK then - have a nice trip :blink:

Think it helps to be a female when you deal with male coppers (only natural).

May all your experiences be good ones :)

At the end of the day, I think it all comes down to luck! Because belive it or not I was as humble and polite as I could possible be and if the copper has had a bad day or just wants to dish out as many tickets as he poss can, YOU aint got a chance! Not tarring them all with the same brush, its just life! Thank God there was no points aswell as a fine, because i would have strongly contested his action.

Hope this puts this topic to bed, as fear of upseting any police or ex-police club members on hear, and getting more needless tickets:):(:)

Slightly off the topic now as this seems to have become a copper bashing thread :taped: , but here's the link to some of the pics I took at Japfest.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/stevoharris1975/Japfest09#

Sorry all, partly my fault :(

Some nice pics there Stevo, nice one of the grey Supe in the middle of the page. It was great to see a few go round the track.

Cheers

G

Slightly off the topic now as this seems to have become a copper bashing thread :taped: , but here's the link to some of the pics I took at Japfest.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/stevoharris1975/Japfest09#

Good pics there. I love seeing Supras on a track!

We seem to be still waiting for vids:(, but hopefully they will appear over the weekend

Yeah, videos is what's needed!

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)