The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braved the ice and cold to fit the trd today, the end caps where gold. However i found some paint in a rattle can in a bucket of ice in the garden. Needless to say the finish isnt great and will need the caps redone at some point.

Im leaving the rest black.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC11255.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC11254.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC11253.jpg

sorry but you have taken that supra to far. looks to chavy to me. :(

Just wondering have you had any issues with the location of the side repeaters regarding an mot, as I hate the location on the wing and this seems like a great way around it.

Colin who fitted them also put his in roughly the same place, as far as i know it passed ok.

sorry but you have taken that supra to far. looks to chavy to me. :(

Each to thier own nothing to be sorry about. I wanted something different, something that stands out.

May i ask what was to far on it? just wondering.

As for the inside, starting with the dash panels as they are nasty! Moving on to a better cleaner boot install, trying to get the footwell neons to come on and off when the door is open, some new seats would be nice.

Each to thier own nothing to be sorry about. I wanted something different, something that stands out.

May i ask what was to far on it? just wondering.

As for the inside, starting with the dash panels as they are nasty! Moving on to a better cleaner boot install, trying to get the footwell neons to come on and off when the door is open, some new seats would be nice.

ok the things that put me of

silver inserts on the wing

tinted markers on the bumper

alloy shape (love the black on silver though, just not the rims)

if you had cf wing inserts or a stock wing (stock wing looked sweeter than the cf trd)

chrome bumper markers

and a diff set of alloys the car would really stand out for me

those minor things put me of

and also one other touch i would do, veilside skirts

thats my opinion though, if your happy with it like im happy with mine then thats all that counts really:thumbs:

loving the vents :D

trying to get the footwell neons to come on and off when the door is open

Could you connect them up to the interior light?

ok the things that put me of

silver inserts on the wing

tinted markers on the bumper

I agree. The side reps look like black blobs, and the silver inserts loom random.

spray the sides of the TRD wing silver be spot on

I agree with you too Jamie. Also I'd suggest clear side reps to match the rest of the front lights on the car.

Apart form those few point, I think you've done a great job! :thumbs:

Just wondering have you had any issues with the location of the side repeaters regarding an mot, as I hate the location on the wing and this seems like a great way around it.

There is no problem with the MOT mate, I put them in Russ (The Raven) bumper which mirrors the location on my facelift/all facelift front bumpers.

For everyone who says you should do that and should do this, this project was done on a shoestring and thats the beauty of it. I no every one has there opinions which they are entitled to but the main aim was to make the customer (The Raven) happy, and he clearly is.

Rant over :innocent:

Think i must have got out of bed the wrong side today people sorry :p

The TRD looks good though mate on a positive note :D