The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy there col LOL

I fully expect that some people wont like the whole car, funny enough i thought the vents would be the main thing people didnt like.

Im happy so thats all that matters.

I should also add the car as it stands now owes me.........................................£2300 (inc car) so its not like i spent ££££££££££££££££ on it to get it to look like that.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Well, seems i have a leak from the roof, not bad considering. So that will need to be sorted asap.

I will be doing a blue led job on the dash soon too. Maybe, just maybe i will spray the arms of the trd silver.

I will also be trying to get those dam neons to work from the key surround light.

Russ I think your car looks great. Compared to the castrol disaster it puts many 'well sorted' cars on here to shame.

Thanks matt. Will have to sort a meet out soon still havent seen your car yet!

I have to admit Colin has never let me down with my car, he has also never said no. Seeing as all i gave him was a print out from Homer on the wings, then removed the the heat blanket and pointed at the bits i wanted he has done a fantasic job. The front bumper should have been "binned" in his opinion after Kel stacked it into a curb. Needless to say its now a great fit and finish.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you get the stuff for the footwell lights, if you don't mind me asking?

Might have a go at that - mine used to have them but I fancy something a bit brighter.

Love the work on the car so far mate :thumbs:

They were nasty crap ones that used to plug into the cig lighter. I cut the end off and then wired them into the LED barrel. Then hooked the wires from the other side.

They were nasty crap ones that used to plug into the cig lighter. I cut the end off and then wired them into the LED barrel. Then hooked the wires from the other side.

Thanks mate, I like the cheap and easy little things you can do to make big improvements :D. The standard footwell lights I had were crap, so I got rid of them - kind of wish I hadn't now!

Just don't want it to look 'chav.' I'll have a look on e-gay.

That's one of the nicest Supras I've seen for a while. It sits just right too.

If I was being REALLY fussy, I'd paint the end caps on the wing black - I wouldn't bother doing the whole wing-ends silver; it just goes with the whole black on silver thing as it is. Maybe a different set of alloys, but that's personal taste.

Can't believe you've put that together looking like it is for that sort of money - you should be proud of what you've done there, mate.

:thumbs:

That's one of the nicest Supras I've seen for a while. It sits just right too.

If I was being REALLY fussy, I'd paint the end caps on the wing black - I wouldn't bother doing the whole wing-ends silver; it just goes with the whole black on silver thing as it is. Maybe a different set of alloys, but that's personal taste.

Can't believe you've put that together looking like it is for that sort of money - you should be proud of what you've done there, mate.

:thumbs:

Well getting the base car so cheap was the main thing. Finding colin was the other:d

Bit by bit i do things to it, hour here hour there. I will be spraying the trd silver. I looked at it again and i think it will match better having the whole wings silver with the black blade.

I will take pics of the matts once i add the TRD patch.

Maybe, just maybe i might have a 2.5 tt engine and box coming.

Great progress . Love the car . Setting STD's high for the rest of us aerotop boys to follow!! Keep the good work up ! I will keep watching with gr8 interest

Soon as the spoiler is sorted im done with the outside (pending some cheap wheels of course)

Not a great deal left on the inside, I know nothing about engines It will be strange when its done. I wonder if i will get bored.

Sell up and get another one to play with:D