The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say this is by far my favourite thread in the forums.im well impressed with this car...it looks great dont over carbon it though mate.thumbs up ...:cool:

I promise thats it after this, no more body mods (tinting windows dont count). At £30 it just was not worth the effort to respray the mirrors.

Ok. Will i have sorted out one side of shocks, and new links.

The other side can wait till the weekend.

I have been giving her a spring clean, as i have not washed it since the winter. I have worked out silver is a sod to make shine. Id rather work on any other shade.

I have one side somewhere near respectable. I will try and give the whole car a G10 mop before the BHP show, however i dont know if i can find the time along with trying to sort the boot out. And clean the whole inside.

One side kinda done.

Its all in the prep work mate. Start with claying, although i think the whole car was recently sprayed wasnt it? Ideally a machine polish is probably what you need, and not just a quick mop. Some Menzerna Final Finish will produce a lovely wet look, topped with some Lime Prime Lite worked by hand which will not only prepare the paint for a wax and aid bonding but is also full of rich oils that will really bring out a wet look. 2 to 3 coats of wax with a good curing time in between will also add to it. Kev's silver car on my site came up lovely with this, although there is very few pics of it on there as i was on a dead line that day due to distance.

Its all in the prep work mate. Start with claying, although i think the whole car was recently sprayed wasnt it? Ideally a machine polish is probably what you need, and not just a quick mop. Some Menzerna Final Finish will produce a lovely wet look, topped with some Lime Prime Lite worked by hand which will not only prepare the paint for a wax and aid bonding but is also full of rich oils that will really bring out a wet look. 2 to 3 coats of wax with a good curing time in between will also add to it. Kev's silver car on my site came up lovely with this, although there is very few pics of it on there as i was on a dead line that day due to distance.

Cheers mate, The front end was resprayed. Belive it or not that door that i got looking ok, was stock paint.

I will take alook on your site, thanks for the help.

As for the bonnets, As and when i can find some to cut i shall, well colin will i will watch and offer haribo

• 3 weeks later...

This looks great now, especially compared to how it started out. If it was mine, the only other thing Id want to do cosmetically is a colour change. Id have a silver car, but with the bodywork it would look phenomenal in black or something a bit more adventurous like Midnight Purple. Great choice of mods so far, well done!

This looks great now, especially compared to how it started out. If it was mine, the only other thing Id want to do cosmetically is a colour change. Id have a silver car, but with the bodywork it would look phenomenal in black or something a bit more adventurous like Midnight Purple. Great choice of mods so far, well done!

I love to be able to afford a respray. Alas i cant afford to TT the car yet let alone respray it.:(

I agree a full engine out midnight purple would looks epic. Any traders want to do it for free?:D Would make a good advert for a company?:D...............Guess not :(

I love to be able to afford a respray. Alas i cant afford to TT the car yet let alone respray it.:(

I agree a full engine out midnight purple would looks epic. Any traders want to do it for free?:D Would make a good advert for a company?:D...............Guess not :(

Hows about a vinyl wrap like the guy who writes for EVO with the GTR had? Im sure the TT conversion is the priority tho!