The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my BPU bit collection is growing, In true Raven supra fashion all parts have come from here

I now have

Plugs

Decats with 1 bar ring

FCD

Fuel pump.

So just a boost gauge, Boost controller and probably a new inter-cooler to go.

Out of wondering whats the going rate to fit a FCD/Boost controller?

After the N/A to TT engine mess im way to scared to do anything that might break my car.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i tried and failed to install a BOV,

However i did find the stock one had a leak on the inlet pipe, now i have put new pipes on it seems to be pulling harder.

The New BOV will be added to my other bits to fit when i go full BPU by someone that isnt going to make a pigs ear of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have not taken the car out at night for lord knows how long, but after a mini meet the other day i have discovered that most of my heater control lighting isnt working, my gear selector light isnt working (on the stick and dash) making selecting drive a bit of a mission

Also trying to show off my boot build in poor carpark lighting wasnt working.

So next on the to do list is wiring and lighting............yay............fun.

• 3 weeks later...

OK had a bit of a misson today.

While removing the heater controls, i found some wires looked burnt on the Fog light control... Traced it all the way though the loom and back down to the connector! About half way though the back of the dash the wires where melted together and stripped of the plastic. So with my bro in laws help i have removed the dash and the offending loom and ordered another one from Keron.

Keron told me he has seen this before when the fog light wires are put in the wrong way round. From the look of it its a very old injury probably pre my ownership. But just goes to show you dont know what lerks behind stuff. I will add some pics in the morning

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I don't know if you have taken the cats off, but I did it on my car with the front on jack stands. I don't recommend it as the bolts on the first cat is a pita to reach with little space under the car. I will do it on a lift next time! Regardless on how you do I'd recommend to use safety goggles to avoid getting sand in your eyes. I did and it was not fun! :stickpoke

• 1 month later...

Well small update

I have a new dash loom, im just waiting for kris the bro in law to help install it. I suppose i could have shoved it all back in but that would be classed as a bodge and nothing else on the car is that way.

I used my xmas money to buy the following.

Boost controller

Headlights

heater control with working LEDS.

New foot well leds/boot leds

Plans are still to bpu it once i get kaans fuel pump. Also in the summer i will redo the carpet as its not very good. I will also be tackling the missing mount on the diff that may or may not need doing at some point.

I suppose i should get a boost gauge to keep an eye on boost levels?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]194570[/ATTACH]

Well its all out, took about 2 hours now to refit the new one

A bit off topic, and I know a matrix change isn't your reason for taking the dash out, but does that stage of strip-down allow you to change the heater matrix? I can see it in the photos, but not sure if it's still obstructed or not. Previous photos of matrix changes showed a completely stripped dash, with the steering column resting on the floor, and it looks a bit scary.

A bit off topic, and I know a matrix change isn't your reason for taking the dash out, but does that stage of strip-down allow you to change the heater matrix? I can see it in the photos, but not sure if it's still obstructed or not. Previous photos of matrix changes showed a completely stripped dash, with the steering column resting on the floor, and it looks a bit scary.

Using that picture as a reference you would still need to remove the dash and crash bar before you can get access to the heater matrix.

Well got a few hours on this with Kris.

Got all the loom back in and plugged, made a new safer loom for the fog light switch, and reconnected the speedo chip.

Just some radio and foot well lights to do and some more bolts to drop in and it should be ready to take out to make sure the speedo is still reading in miles

• 2 months later...

Well after my endless issues with removal of the loom, its all back in and working as it should.

The fog now has its own loom and fuse to avoid any more issues with the wires, i have also put the OEM air intake pipe back on, added white footwell neons and boot build neons that come on with the door/boot lid. Tomorrow i will clean her up and change the headlights. I will add pics here in the morning.