The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still got them, one of them is letting in moisture so will need to be resealed.

Cover them in slightly diluted washing up liquid and then put a hair dryer on full blast at the main beam inlet, basically presurise the headlight, and hopefully bubbles will appear where it needs sealing

Well looks like I missed a plug on the loom. Nothing major just the climate control would not work. It was cold or hot. Turns out that next the then 3 vents in the dash panel is a tiny 2 prong plug that controls it.

Took the dash panels off and found it. Now it's all working fine again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had colin over to today to fix the oil leak i was having, turned out to be the turbo oil feed was lose, tightened up and all is good.

Now we took it for a test drive, with the F&F music playing 2nd turbo about to kick in..................the roof comes off...........i forgot to bolt it down. Lucky i caught it and we wedged in the car till i could pull over.

Who needs a punch mod...just dont use bolts.

Well in true just my luck fashion.

Took the car out today and i seem to have lost the 2nd turbo. Guess would be a pipe from taking it apart to get to the turbo feed. So next weekend i will be back to trying to fix it again. Still could have been worse i could have lost the roof and had no 2nd turbo

Lol you are having the worst luck with this car, should be an easy fix though hopefully just a perished pipe or even better just loose.

My guess is something loose as it was boosting fine when it had the weep on the oil feed, ive looked around but cant see anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while since i updated this had a a major loss in the family.

Anyway. The boost issue? a vac hose.......6 hours i looked for it. Colin came over and found it in around 40 SECONDS! So easy fix.

Well the other news is the farmer over the road must have sprayed something on the fields that drifted over. The paint went very milky pink with bright spots!?!?!?!?! So i figured i could just clean it off....Seems not i ended up have to cut it all back again. After spending 3 weeks of wet sanding it last year it was a bit gutting.

But i cracked on anyway with a swirl remover and the D/A lucky it took what ever it was off.

3 days later the end result was pleasing to say the least.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Dam car.

A few weeks of using it and it broke again, this time its losing P/S fuild at a huge rate.

I had a quick look and it seems to be quite close to the reservoir. I will have to take the battery and stand out to see. I think it might be as simple as a split hose. I dont think its anything to bad. If its a hose then it just reinforces my plan to change as many of the rubber hoses as possible.