The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

Cars been off the road for a bit having some work done.

1. Full BPU

2. New Cam belt (gates)

3. Bush change using this http://www.strongflex.eu/en/supra-93-02/1295-216180b-suspension-bush-kit-5902553521238.html

The result is amazing, its tightened everything up and of course it goes alot faster!

I have more pics to put up when im home, also booking it in for tracking to be looked at.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a massive update. Had an issue with my dash that turned out to be a faulty dimmer. Big shout out to mike2jz who was round mine cleaning his supra when I found the fault. I refused to leave it and by the time it got dark I had decided to fix it in the morning.

Nath would have been up at 4am anyway. Mike refused to accept no and took it to his where him and his mates solved the issue and fitted a new dimmer.

Bpu is savage, the car and me craves to boost. My fuel consumption must be in the low teens...

Next up is to sort out my non functioning seat and then start on the interior its looking a bit taty. Hydro dip will probably be the way forward

I also need to fit a uk plate as my jspec one is probably restricting my Intercooler quite a bit

Me and nath at the local meet

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=214880&stc=1&d=1474834530

• 4 months later...

So summer is coming and its time to start on the car again.

Currently on a SORN the outside was being let down by its lights so

Have taken the headlights out and im sending them to NOZ for his refurb service with new rings.

I also brought his custom rear lights

I just re read the whole thread.

It's strange It was quite emotional. I still got a twist in my gut seeing the oil mix spew from it. A deep sence of failure when life forced me to put it in the shed for a year.

The joy of Colin's work on the body, the amazement at Matt fixing the car for free.

Roller coaster isn't the word to describe it.

• 1 month later...

Had a package today from NOZ containing my refurb headlights and custom rear lights.

These pictures dont do the headlights justice, they are MINT. Crystal clear with nice new rings. the rears look loads better than my old tinted ones. Top job.

• 2 weeks later...

So slight issue over the weekend.

Loss of second turbo.......was fine then nothing. all symptoms showed IVAC vsv had packed up. I check all the intercooler pipe work (come back to that later) Gave up went in doors,

About 20 minutes later i went back out to put it in TTC mode, while i was tinkering i found a tiny vac line had come off the EGCV. Reconnected it, feeling smug i took it out to test my awesome fixing skills. Yeah....i forgot to tighten the IC pipe work i was checking. BOOM as it came off POOOP i said as i thought the engine had blown up.

Lucky i was 2 minutes from home limped it back swore at my stupidity retightend everything and im back to 1.2 bar again.

• 1 month later...

Ok might have seen my "respray" post.

My roof suffered a problem a few years back that resulted in the black paint. Seems the rest of the car is suffering the same symptoms so its going to be repainted. I am going Lambo metallic gray. Also will be fitting a stock spoiler back on.

I will update the thread once work starts!