The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work! it's looking great.. is that still the same front lip i gave you ages ago? Can't believe how well you've managed to make it fit as it wasn't the greatest when i bought it! :)

Poor colin, he had to heat it up clamp it heat it again. But yeah thats the same lip

As for the headlights they are the silver ones i had when the car was silver. The light makes them look white. Not sure what to do with them yet

Poor colin, he had to heat it up clamp it heat it again. But yeah thats the same lip

As for the headlights they are the silver ones i had when the car was silver. The light makes them look white. Not sure what to do with them yet

i can imagine man.. thats why i just gave it to you, didn't think it would ever fit. He done a great job though, looks superb. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The wiring from the number 6 was botched (before i got the engine) i didnt see it was hacked and connected it as i saw it. Forced the inject to open full plet. Fuel may have caused damage, new block if so.

Knew i should have set fire to it when i had the chance. The issue is fixed another oil change in the morning and let it run to see whats going on.

Ah man thats bad news about the wiring, good that the problems fixed hopefully there will be no further damage for you its been a long road for sure, was the engine bought on here? Or from elsewhere? if it was from a member thats pretty shady to say the least

Righty, Overfuel is fixed downside VSS are shot due to the fuel eating them. So head off job with everything that goes along with it.

Atleast i will know its all done and wont have to worry about it in future.

That's good news mate, I take it that means she can be saved? :D also can't you get the VSS's done without taking the head of or does it need to come off to see what other sort of damage might have been done?

That's good news mate, I take it that means she can be saved? :D also can't you get the VSS's done without taking the head of or does it need to come off to see what other sort of damage might have been done?

I wouldnt want to do it any other way to be honest. I dont know alot about the engine other than its miles from the old ODO. So end of the day its worth taking a looky see anyway. Means i know the head has been done, the VSS and cambelt. And to be fair the engine is out anyway to make room for the new rack.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Update time!

Spoke to the tech and everything is moving on well. The head is now back VSS are in. However he noticed it had some strange after market crank pully. I have seen them before they are small ones that dont have any rubber on them. Needless to say he was unhappy with that so OEM crank pully going on.