The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well time weigh in. When i saw the mess Jason cars was in i thought mine would be in a state. I had no idea how much of one. Matt has been a superstar in dealing with it i must add I've never even spoken to Matt prior to him offering to help. Which makes even more amazing he is doing what he is doing.

Rob was willing to let me fit a few bolts and drive this death trap. I am taking matts advise and replacing or in somecases adding parts in order to make sure its left in the best possible state.

its also looking like the head was removed for no reason. The vss where not done andthe head does not look like it was skimmed. So Rob wanted 1k and decided to con me why bother taking the head off i wouldn't know any different. I know you will read this i also know your banned but do feel free to phone me and explain the above.

Hi guys well I managed to get the engine all stripped down and found more things which just don't make sense, not only was the head gasket back to front but the head bolts were only hand tight tight so this will explain the lack of compression on the last 3 cylinders.

But whats more shocking is the whole reason for all this bad workmanship was to replace the value stem seals and guess what they were not done!!!!!!.

I stripped the head down and give it a good clean in the parts washer and relapped the vavles in will decoke the exhaust ports then rebuild the head.

I also checked the head and block with a straight edge and both are with in tollaran.

The guys that did the work on this need a massive slap, paying for something that doesn't work is bad enough, but paying for work that hasn't been carried out is just sickening :(

Hope Matt gets its back on the road for you dude, you deserve it after all the bullshite you've put up with.

:thumbs:

Yeah if i could find him i would!

The money is a kicker sure, more concerned that the car was left with me needing an oil cap and some cam cover bolts! There is a good chance i would have tried to drive this, if it hadnt shate itself on the driveway.

I suppose the only good thing is that it only took Jason and Me to shut it down. Alot of other cars could have been ruined. I had no problem with rob. i had meet him several times bought a N/A from him and if you check back on my posts he was always posting offering advise on all manner of things. I really dont know what happened to him, there is no excuse for what he did if he had phoned me said sorry i cant fix it i would have trailered it back.

Its been along hard slog to get this far so now im focused on driving it home from matts when hes done with it, getting back "out" with it and enjoying the meets and club events that ive been missing

Been buying parts like a madman, (a little to mad as in a brought the wrong gasket set if i cant cancel it anyone want a head gasket set for £120???!?!?!)

New parts

Fuel filter.

Crank pully

ENGINE gasket set

Oil filter

Water pump

Coil pack clips

Cam cover breather pipes

Coolent.

Oil.

Engine flush

ARP studs

Coolent flush

Starting to look like rob never fixed or changed the rack i brought from David P if that is the case then i have a 5 hour round trip to matt to drop off the rack rob returned, and more work for poor matt.

I was told the leak was caused by the wrong bolt being in place, seems not... Matt is going to confirm shortly.

As i said to matt on the phone, i wish rob had just set fire to it rather than making such a mess of it

I should also add that Matt had offered to respray the bonnet (that had brake fulid dripped on it) I couldnt let him do that, but its only fair it gets mentioned to the kinda guy he is.

Without his help i dont think i could have fixed this and the car would have had to be broken or sold for chicken feed. All this grief from one wire i out on wrong..........one wrong sodding wire

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)