Aero top progress...

The Raven

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after weeks of wet sanding when i can, bricking it when it goes faded, shining it, only to wet sand it somemore I finished today.

I know alot of you arte probably asking yourself why i am doing all this to a car that does not work, well i like doing cars, or should i say i did i dont get out alot anymore due to having to be home alot when im not working. Playing with cars was easy as i could do it from home. I had the car sat there while i saved up for the bits and to trailer it to matt and thought stuff it.

Im pleased to say i have loved sorting out the body work, and the boot. The passion for playing with cars is now back in full force. I hope the car will be gone end of next week early week after.

In the mean time the inside smells like god knows what so i will hover it out clean the seats and dash.

OK matt has got a big job in and cant take it. My own fault matt was nice enough to offer to do it for more or less free, but i couldnt let it go to him looking like a total shit tip and without the right bits and bobs. Someone offered me £800 in a pm for it.

It was heart breaking to think it was worth so little so instead of sending it i tried to fix what i could myself. I will say thankyou to matt for the offer and his advise in what bits to buy.

Where is best to send this? Dude, SRD?

I have all the coolent, flush,oil, arp bolts ,and i have the paint fixed, and put all the boot back in. So other than the engine issues its tip top again

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

So after weeks of wet sanding when i can, bricking it when it goes faded, shining it, only to wet sand it somemore I finished today.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12935_zps67bd1c6f.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12936_zpscaf7dcca.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12937_zps826e9aac.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12938_zps010bd42c.jpg

I know alot of you arte probably asking yourself why i am doing all this to a car that does not work, well i like doing cars, or should i say i did i dont get out alot anymore due to having to be home alot when im not working. Playing with cars was easy as i could do it from home. I had the car sat there while i saved up for the bits and to trailer it to matt and thought stuff it.

Im pleased to say i have loved sorting out the body work, and the boot. The passion for playing with cars is now back in full force. I hope the car will be gone end of next week early week after.

In the mean time the inside smells like god knows what so i will hover it out clean the seats and dash.

I remember when you got this with the Castrol logos and it was silver, its been some project ey! looks awesome dude, hope the engine trouble get sorted soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all well as Russ said I was busy but did not won't to let him down so took the car in and will do it as I get time,

It arrived on sat about 9;30 and I got straight onto it and did compression and leak down test first 3 cylinders were good @150 psi and 20% leak down then it all went bad :-( with 4 @ 100 psi 5 @ 50 psi and 6 @100. So with that news in hand I took the engine out and had a look over it and right away noticed that the head gasket had been fitted by a blind man or small child as it's been fitted upside down!!! So this will explain the oil in water but will no more once I get the head off.

Tonight I started stripping the engine down and found what looks like the old head bolts and I doubt it's been skimmed or tested as it's not been cleaned while it was off the next worry is if running it has starved the top end of oil as it was busy filling up the coolent system :-(. His some pics of the above problems