SupraTRD83

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE:

:D got to keep an eye on the water level and temp gauge as I went out before the garage came to give myself an idea so they don't con me :) and realised the water level and in the coolant was at low so topped all that up, help the motor thing down (dont no the name the part that you press to accelerate the car under the bonnet) and left it reving for a good 5 mins, evertyhing seems ok :D so going to fill it up and check it after ive drove home tonight (around 10 mile journey) hopefully it will have just been that it was low to start with and not a leak but even so doesnt seem a too expensive job. phew!!

How stupid I am to have not even checked the water level, seems like half the problems on the car are my fault not checking and maintaining enough. (even though ive had it a month) :D thanks to everyone for your input though, did make me check the things and as usual you where right so thanks again.

Dean

How stupid I am to have not even checked the water level, seems like half the problems on the car are my fault not checking and maintaining enough. (even though ive had it a month) :D thanks to everyone for your input though, did make me check the things and as usual you where right so thanks again.

Dean

:D Nice one Dean. Glad it's sorted. :)

Dean

Dude, start using the search heavily and do research on the easier home maintenance stuff. Things like checking the oil, tyres, water and such. Either that or you are going to drive the car (read wallet) into the wall. Might also be an idea to check all your warning lights.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115407

A bit of TLC and careful loving and the car should take all the grief you give it.

Oh hell no!!!!

Stick to the standard toyota 1.1 bar rad cap... There are horror stories about the 1.3 bar units, especially if you like your heater matrix to hold water.

Dude, start using the search heavily and do research on the easier home maintenance stuff. Things like checking the oil, tyres, water and such. Either that or you are going to drive the car (read wallet) into the wall. Might also be an idea to check all your warning lights.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115407

A bit of TLC and careful loving and the car should take all the grief you give it.

yes exactly that!!!!:D

would a service cover all this? ill have to get a 1.1 rad then :) cheers again Gav :D

and Tracie_Lou do you look after yours with TLC then :) I really need to start

hell yes i love my car!!!...you will save yourself alot of hassle if you get it serviced.. and silly little bits that you can learn yourself will help you no end!!

using the search on here too will also bring up lots of info you need...

:D:d

hell yes i love my car!!!...you will save yourself alot of hassle if you get it serviced.. and silly little bits that you can learn yourself will help you no end!!

Absolutely. Check the oil, coolant, power steering and brake fluid levels each weekend. They're all best checked when the engine is cold and parked on level-ish ground.

Don't mean to be patronising if you know this already, but it's well worth knowing:->

When you start up an engine, it whisks the engine oil all around inside. It takes a fair while for all that oil to drip back down into the container at the bottom of the engine (the oil sump). When you test the oil level, you're dipping the dipstick into the sump. If the engine's been running recently, the sump level will seem to be low, but that's because there's oil still around the upper part of the engine. Not knowing this can lead to people overfilling the oil, which is not good.

Absolutely. Check the oil, coolant, power steering and brake fluid levels each weekend. They're all best checked when the engine is cold and parked on level-ish ground.

Don't mean to be patronising if you know this already, but it's well worth knowing:->

When you start up an engine, it whisks the engine oil all around inside. It takes a fair while for all that oil to drip back down into the container at the bottom of the engine (the oil sump). When you test the oil level, you're dipping the dipstick into the sump. If the engine's been running recently, the sump level will seem to be low, but that's because there's oil still around the upper part of the engine. Not knowing this can lead to people overfilling the oil, which is not good.

no mate any advise is welcome here as im a newbie to the supra and toyota world. basic checks on my other cars where every 3months lol high performance i should learn really, cheers

Dean