SupraTRD83

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just gone out to it and its empty again, cant see anything on the floor because its been raining, so get a load of water, fill it up again and look under the car and hey presto!! dripping out all over the floor from the middle of the car, (its on a slight slant so guessing thats y its gone to the middle) getting it towed to the garage near me thats £35 and please please please dont be the HG :( I get no luck with cars

HEATER MATRIX HEATER MATRIX HEATER MATRIX HEATER MATRIX

This is exactly what happened with mine. Same symptoms, then it seemed to clear up and I put it down to my being scatterbrained and not checking the water levels, like you have done. Then it did the same again and the heater matrix was goosed. Check the passenger footwell for damp...

I really hope it isnt.

This is exactly what happened with mine. Same symptoms, then it seemed to clear up and I put it down to my being scatterbrained and not checking the water levels, like you have done. Then it did the same again and the heater matrix was goosed. Check the passenger footwell for damp...

I really hope it isnt.

ohhh fingers crossed for you it isnt this

I really hope it isnt.

why? is it expensive :(

Its a dashboard out job. The part is £298ish from Toyota and Toyota reckon £1000 to fit it. I think Silverstone Garage on here quoted £500.

Then again if its coming out the floor underneath it might just be a split pipe.

Check your passenger carpet! Check under the floor mat, cos I was like "No its dry" and lifted up the mat and it was sodden.

Its a dashboard out job. The part is £298ish from Toyota and Toyota reckon £1000 to fit it. I think Silverstone Garage on here quoted £500.

Then again if its coming out the floor underneath it might just be a split pipe.

Check your passenger carpet! Check under the floor mat, cos I was like "No its dry" and lifted up the mat and it was sodden.

just been out and theres nothing under the passenger side mat no damp or anything :( please be pipe!!!!!

i bloody hope so, sick of cars and garages. really am.

even just considered selling up and getting buses im that fed up of cars at the moment i get no luck.

in the past 3 months i had 2 new tyres of pug 306, then new clutch then brakes went so had them done then got told calipers where stuck on the rear pads then needed new exhaust so in the end sold the car and got this supra, 1 month on car is struggling to start, now theres a leak with engine overheat meaning i need it towed away.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flame:

Sorry to say it, but cars ain't cheap. Half of those problems are just normal wear & tear. You've got to remember that Supras are getting on a bit now and things will need replacing. They may be cheap cars to buy, but servicing & parts still cost a fair bit.

I'd get the car booked into a RESPECTED tuner on here and get it fully serviced and checked over. Then it's a case of budgeting for things you know need doing sooner or later and getting everything done.

It is depressing sometimes, and there always seems to be something else to do, but they are still a reliable car when looked after right.

Start doing weekly checks on things like fluid, brakes, tyres, etc, read the guides on here and look at doing the simpler stuff yourself.

I've still got a big list of things that need doing on my car (air con dead, cig lighter socket dead, edfc to fit, engine to replace, brakes to upgrade) and it's just a case of prioritising stuff to your budget and getting them done when you can.

Hopefully this time it's nothing serious and cheap to fix.

hopefully if its just the pipe and then ill get it serviced might be ok but if its something major im just going to get it home and leave it there till i can afford to get it sorted. do you all have 2nd cars to run around in because i dont :(

I bought a run around for £700 (in my garage)

It's a diesel, and even thought I pay 2x road tax & insurance, the overall saving on fuel and wear and tear and keeping the miles down on the Supe is worth it, for me.

I guess it depend on your annual mileage. My first runaround lasted for around 5 years, Renault 21 Monaco (with the bestest evaaar seats man) Then someone set fire to it...So I ran the Supe as a daily driver for two and a half years, and I put 40,000 miles on her :(

Finally got the Astra diesel, and all is well again.

I bought a run around for £700 (in my garage)

It's a diesel, and even thought I pay 2x road tax & insurance, the overall saving on fuel and wear and tear and keeping the miles down on the Supe is worth it, for me.

I guess it depend on your annaul mileage. My first runaround lasted for around 5 years, Renault 21 Monaco (with the bestest evaaar seats man) Then someone set fire to it...So I ran the Supe as a daily driver for two and a half years, and I put 40,000 miles on her :(

Finally got the Astra diesel, and all is well again.

might be tempted, do like 300 mile a week

Nope, I only have the Supe. I can sometimes borrow my dad's car if the Supe is off the road for short periods. It's just a case of having a bit of cash set aside to deal with the little things that crop up.

Things like services, tyres, brakes etc I more or less know when they will need doing so start putting money aside then I'm not caught out.

hopefully if its just the pipe and then ill get it serviced might be ok but if its something major im just going to get it home and leave it there till i can afford to get it sorted. do you all have 2nd cars to run around in because i dont :(

Sounds to me like the flux capacitor has become blocked , maybe some ectoplasm from the T2000 ?

:innocent: