The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Ryan. Got some great pictures of it from today. Was a real pleasure to run against it at the Pod today :D

:thumbs:

Was abit of a waste of time at pod with the way the chassis is so stiff but wheelspin 3/4 of the track was fun. When it got in 4th though and gripped it flew past most things in the last part of the strip.

Was happy with a 12.4 on the last run but i doubt the car will be on the strip again.

Got a few issues to tweak on the clutch system but apart from that im still a very happy chap

Ryan

Dum dum duuuuummmmmmmmm FAILURE! :p

Ryan seeing the car in the flesh was awesome! incredible car :thumbs: especialy like the cut out in the dash for changing the spark plugs :D

Keep tellin ya kid -your going to have a lot to live up to when you get your car. Ill just add expert drag racer to the list :D

I don't suppose you fancy giving it a run in the Toyota Sprint Series do you Ryan? Last event is at Teeside on the 24th October (in the dark..), there's bound to be a few spots up for grabs.. :)

I will be up for anything like that when we have the geo spot on chap and i have got to grips with it fully.

Will it be allowed in the series?

• 2 weeks later...
Ryan have you noticed any improvement in the spool with the short runs you have on the intercooler pipework or is it a bit lost in the detail

Hard to say really Paul as never had this setup with a normal FMIC routing but it does seem nice and responsive. Will be better when i lose the truck turbo :D

Just wish Precision would hurry up with Jamies new turbo :)

Been testing over at silverstone today with Steve and had a fantastic time! Had a few issue with fuel after lunch with only being able to get crap BP which the knock control didn't like and decide to shut down the cylinders but the first half with the vpower was just immense.

Shocked lots of people and got great feedback from other.

Things we need to get fitted now are the titan antiroll bars and some bigger brakes at the Rear. Mr whiffin is on the case.

Best bit is the car is still in one piece ready for its photoshoot with banzai on Monday.

Some pics below. Steve has some action shoots which he will upload later.