The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work as always Ryan, a pleasure to read :thumbs:

On the colour, all-black would look mean as hell on this car. I can see where you're coming from with the white, but it's a little girly for this monster :D

...or are you just being lazy with the need to clean, we all know how hard it is to keep a black car looking half decent!

Bit of a 10 min play with photoshop but im thinking of something like this and going with the 2bartuning colours of Black, white and grey

Remember only took 10mins ......

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Fletchy/2bartrackcolour.jpg

Can anyone do a better job of this idea then on say the below picture or something similar

http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/gallery/BlackSupraAEM2.jpg

http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/131/1.jpg

before I start, what are you planning on doing with it Ryan? would choose to start with the other image, but as it's copyright it may be a waste of time if you are wanting to do anything commercial with it.

Mike

Hi Mike

Its just to get some ideas chap of what colour scheme to go for. Wont be using it for anything commercial.

Ryan

Nice work :thunmbs:

The exhaust pics are now working, make sure you keep the exhaust tucked up as high as possible, this will allow you to drop the suspension and not have clearing issues. One of the reason my car sits a little higher is that the exhaust hangs too low, hopefully this will be resolved soon as even now it still grounds out on the dip at brands.

The exhaust pics are now working, make sure you keep the exhaust tucked up as high as possible, this will allow you to drop the suspension and not have clearing issues. One of the reason my car sits a little higher is that the exhaust hangs too low, hopefully this will be resolved soon as even now it still grounds out on the dip at brands.

I'm sure you know this Wez, but you don't want it too low else the geo goes out the window (don't forget it gets lowered even further over bumps/compressions). How low is yours Vs stock, do you know? Mine is about -1cm front and rear and I don't have any issues with clearance, it's actually 1cm higher than when I bought it and it had various handling problems due to being too low and the rest of the geo being right out.

your suspensions not hard enough ;)

I'm sure you know this Wez, but you don't want it too low else the geo goes out the window (don't forget it gets lowered even further over bumps/compressions). How low is yours Vs stock, do you know? Mine is about -1cm front and rear and I don't have any issues with clearance, it's actually 1cm higher than when I bought it and it had various handling problems due to being too low and the rest of the geo being right out.

... don't forget the rose jointed track rod ends to reduce the bump steer as well.

Are you sure? :confused:

Having rose jointed rod ends won't make any difference to the bump steer what so ever. They're for something else. ;)

apologies Tony (and well spotted) ... should have called these ...

relocated tie rod ends that are adjustable to bring the control arms back into a closer arc to the suspension arms.

I've seen them called 'Bump steer reduction kits'.

(pic attached)

Rose jointed tie rod ends on their own wont do this...

I sit corrected :)

relocated ball joint.jpg

Edited by SteveL (see edit history)

apologies Tony (and well spotted) ... should have called these ...

relocated tie rod ends that are adjustable to bring the control arms back into a closer arc to the suspension arms.

I've seen them called 'Bump steer reduction kits'.

(pic attached)

Rose jointed tie rod ends on their own wont do this...

I sit corrected :)

lol, what is that pic off of? :blink: Looks like a good way to add compliance to the camber!