The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shell is just being sprayed as we speak. :cool:

Here are some pics from the day........ Big thanks to everyone who helped make today go so swiftly.

:thumbs:

Jobs done today:

-Whole car and panel scotched and preped for spraying

-Then moved into the booth where it was put on the Spit.

- Whole car then degreased

- Etched Primed

- Sealed

- Sprayed

Then Primed and sealed

:drool: Will that still be street legal?

Hopefully... All though im not so sure i want to take it on the road at the moment!

Sorry for probably sounding completely stupid but are you keeping the back quarters and the roof black?

They will be sprayed next week with other bits. When Prepping the shell alot of crap gets into all the holes and corners, its near impossiable to ensure that you dont have any swarf in them... So to make sure the outside is spot on its sprayed after.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

When Prepping the shell alot of crap gets into all the hole and corners as its near impossiable to ensure that you dont have any swarf in them... So to make sure the outside is spot on its sprayed after.

Ryan

That's really interesting. You forget about all the small things when reading threads like this. Thanks for the info :)

They will be sprayed next week with other bits. When Prepping the shell alot of crap gets into all the hole and corners as its near impossiable to ensure that you dont have any swarf in them... So to make sure the outside is spot on its sprayed after.

Ryan

Cheers for clearing that up man, learn something new everyday.

Wish I had the chance to come down and have a look, cannot wait to see the finished product.

Really hope you have it ready for Llandow, would be great to see it in the flesh!

saw this car today and met ryan and steve, must say its looking awsome, pictures dont do it justice, nice work guys, oh thanks for the seats too steve ;)

:thumbs: Nice to meet you chap

Today i have been cleaning up the subframes with the steam cleaners. Before i did this i took all the Siezed bolts out and cleaned them up and covered them in anti seeze grease to make track side changes easier.

The subframes are then going to be seam welded to take out any compliance. Then finally painted

Rest of the Shell is sprayed!, Big thanks to Steve who stayed in late on Wednesday night to finish it off. :thumbs:

Pic of some of the bits cleaned and bolted back on from yesterday

Sanded down all the Inside panels ready for spraying

Prep'd the rear Subframe for seam welding