The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few more update Pics from today

Got the suspension fitted as well as the subframes and then started refitting all the Alu panels now Steve kinda sprayed them last night :cool:

p.s Please ignore all the random bits of sealant i promise i cleaned all of it up but that tigerseal gets everywhere!!! :D

This may have been covered, and after having met me Ryan i'm sure you'll agree this is a stupid question as i'm mechanically deficient but.....there is very little in the way of triangulation in the roll cage and floor structure, is this not needed?

Oh need to speak to you about a date fairly soon.

Cheers

G

This may have been covered, and after having met me Ryan i'm sure you'll agree this is a stupid question as i'm mechanically deficient but.....there is very little in the way of triangulation in the roll cage and floor structure, is this not needed?

Oh need to speak to you about a date fairly soon.

Cheers

G

After viewing a few WRC cars it only seemed that any triangulation strengthing was used in areas where there is an angle of 45 or less. Mainly around the door bar areas.

http://www.subiegal.com/gallerymain/wrxwagonrally/crashwrx/wrxrollover/rally-crash-wrx.jpg

http://www.unc.edu/%7Eafrick/focus/20.jpg

With regards the flooring i would say it has too much strengthing but Steve has the final word :D

I wanted a cage that i felt was strong enough but also did not sacrifice to much weight.

Ryan

I think the appropriate response to the reply is....fairy snuff! :D

I have no idea really just i was used to seeing cages with more "triangles". You've done your research though obviously.

Cant wait to see it finished, although i'll be truly embarressed if you beat me to the project finish line! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Little update as my work load has changed alot now the nice weather is about but have now fitted all the brakes and mounted the pedal box back in. All the braided brake lines are being made up on tuesday and then i will get the brake system totally finished..

Also got some white tigerseal and tidied up all the joins :)

Cant beat the sun shine though and a spare 2 minutes with a nikon d40 :D

Nice work Ryan :cool:

Just one question might have already been said, how will you get past the MOT with the hydraulic handbrake, spoke to my dad about putting one of these in mine hes said thay have to run a park brake off a seperate system?

Will more than likely hook up a mechnical handbrake which is removable ;) :D

Nice work Ryan :)

Your discs, where did you get them, did you weigh them to compare against stock Uk weight, are they exactly the same size as stock UK?

Sorry Jay, got them with the calipers which came from Mr lover IIRC. Would say the discs weigh abit less with the alloy centers

Guest Jeremy Norquay

Amazing work!!! Top notch and should be a blast on the circuit. Really looking forward to seeing pictures of it all finished.

Jeremy