The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra crash

wilkorangerover

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to p155 off some people here but there should be a law on what car you can drive because it's fairly obvious some people don't know what they're doing. Stand by to be flamed.:run:

fully agree with this, i know we all have to start somewhere with powerfull cars but i wonder if the thread starter will post up his mates driving history and previous cars owned, i suspect it was inevitable this car was either going to be blown up or crashed, it was whichever happened first, crap driver, 20" wheels, crap brakes, crap tyres, no traction control, i'm surprised it lasted 2 weeks :blink:

The bottom line is that this accident was avoidable, as will be nearly all the other "trashed my supra", threads will read about from now until April/May time. Driver error is usually to blame. It happens every year so it is unlikely that this year will be any different.

The driver is very fortunate it was not a car full of passengers he hit. I don't think it helps to chastise or express sympathy.The Supra does require some respect, if you can't read the conditions and get it wrong, it will be a handful, even in mildly tuned form. Sticking 20" will render totally useless the good work Toyota did on the handelling. Combining that with, an auto box, a single, tires relatively unknown condition and no real experience of the car, there is an accident waiting to happen.

The last few posts have finally restored some sanity to this thread :thumbs:

We've all had our silly moments and got managed to get things a little out of control, but time and place is a factor...

The guy has a single, auto hack job with stupidly sized wheels, then from the sounds of it acts like a newbie twat and stuffs the car beacuse he can't handle it. If he'd owed it for 6 months or so you could say it was a mistake to learn by but after only 2 weeks he was obviously pushing things far too hard, far too soon.

He has no sympathy from me at all, much as I feel for anyone that stacks their car, including myself :D

I assume it was his fault as the majority of people who bump there cars on here are due to driver error, plus his first Supra was a big single:eek:

I've had 4 bumps/crashes in the four years I have been driving and only one wasn't my fault but luckily never claimed against my insurance.

I rolled my first car due to me taking a corner far to fast then with the civic I had 3 bumps, one was me trying to eat a sausage roll while trying to negotiate the multi storey car park and couldn't grip the wheel so I went into a pillar second was me going down a farm track and not turning left for a left hand corner and thirdly someone went into the back of me.

But you can't give someone sympathy if it was there fault.

Really sorry to read this, terrible news. I really for you, Mr Peugeot owner. Hope he shared the excitement of the "Bypass fun", somehow I doubt he will have though. Could have been a pedestrian and he could be looking for a bodyshop from behind bars, so his week ain't THAT bad.

Another new forum section please: Prats looking for sympathy.

Not sure if I dare or indeed want to be a member really!

I own a N/A Supra and was pleased to meet two fellow Supra drivers on this fine DRY evening.

It was a terrible end to a great night.

This site came highly recommended but it seems like in this case the threads have been used as a vent to call people names and basically make the guy who crashed feel a damn site worse than he already does!

I was there and I know how bad he and all those around felt. Just a HUGE relief that no one was hurt.

Whilst I sympathise for the Pug driver, I have to ask why was he parked on that side of the duel carriageway just over the brow of a hill? Of course not placing the blame on him, it was all just an unfortunate accident.

Hey nobody is perfect. If I ever (hopefully not ever) have an accident I certainly will not be visiting this site with my woes!

Will possibly be at future supra meets, cant wait!!!

Not sure if I dare or indeed want to be a member really!

I own a N/A Supra and was pleased to meet two fellow Supra drivers on this fine DRY evening.

It was a terrible end to a great night.

This site came highly recommended but it seems like in this case the threads have been used as a vent to call people names and basically make the guy who crashed feel a damn site worse than he already does!

I was there and I know how bad he and all those around felt. Just a HUGE relief that no one was hurt.

Whilst I sympathise for the Pug driver, I have to ask why was he parked on that side of the duel carriageway just over the brow of a hill? Of course not placing the blame on him, it was all just an unfortunate accident.

Hey nobody is perfect. If I ever (hopefully not ever) have an accident I certainly will not be visiting this site with my woes!

Will possibly be at future supra meets, cant wait!!!

I think you misunderstand. The club is very close and there is good banter. In this particular case however, it seemed that the accident was caused due to some pratting about, in which case you can understand the lack of symphoy im sure. We dont want the club to get a bad name because of idiot drivers. However, if it was indeed one of those unforunate accidents then fair enough, it can happen and people will respect that:)

Welcome to the club:) Have a good look around and you'll see how helpfull it, and the people on here, are. You'll be pleasantly surprised. If you dont like it thats your opinion;)

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

Yes i met club member YOSHI for the first time and he and gaz (the other new member- not sure what his user name is >??)

are really good guys and seem to share the supra passion which we all do ;)

Obv my friend in the smash will have learnt, and after the pug owner is paid in cash and the supra is sorted ££££

He is looking at brakes now any suggestions???

and i think he`ll get a set of 17"/18" wheels and just use the 20"s for show (but like i said the 20" wheels were already on the car )

Me, Yoshi , garry will be meeting LUI and the guys at Toddington

and so will my friend in the crash so you can tell him your thoughts there

;)

...then with the civic I had 3 bumps, one was me trying to eat a sausage roll while trying to negotiate the multi storey car park and couldn't grip the wheel so I went into a pillar

That made me laugh out loud :D

Bad luck to the guy that crashed, but he couldnt handle the car. Maybe if he'd owned it longer than 2 weeks he could. But who knows.

Makes no difference where he was parked, your pal should have been driving so that he could avoid him. It's not like it was a narrow road if it was on a DC.

Guest Angry Koala

I wasn't going to post anything until the people who were there started blaming the Pug owner for being parked on a dual carriageway.....

As Gazboy and Ivan have said maybe the poor b@stard had broken down and was just coming to terms with the fact his car was going to cost him his month's wages to fix when Nick Hogan comes screaming round the roundabout and compounds his misery by meaning he comes back to a car which now not only needs towing home but now needs scraping off the road first.....

Everyone assumes the guy was at fault. Maybe he was BUT it is easy to have accidents that are nothing to do with hooning about the place. I wrote my last Supra off (third car of four Supras so far) after some very heavy rain washed a load of mud onto a bend. "Oh yeah" I hear. After they peeled me off the front of the lorry and breathalised me (0%) the accident investigator went back up the road, came down to see me and told me what had happened. "Mud on the road, big single turbo and auto drop down on a corner". The guy behind me confirmed it was at 35mph. I have covered over a quarter of a million miles, no points, no accidents before then in a range of cars up to 300Hp so its not always down to lack of experience.

Edited by extendor
sp (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Firstly I am the guy "chav as some of you say" that crashed and yes maybe it was mainly inexperience that coursed it but it was definately not speed as i was only going round the roundabout and knew how twitchy it was so was being careful so I thought(obvoiusly not enough i know now) and as most of you say you speed on straights which is all I was doing.

Secondly the car was as it was when I bought it and not knowing that much about supras at the time didn't know how good or bad it was to have a single with j-spec brakes and 20s!

As for all you slagging me off I'm sure you've made a stupid mistake before as were only human.

It wasn't my first powerful car either as i had a scooby before that that was running fairly decent power (not in the same power league as the supra i have no but still not a silly 1.2 corsa etc). Also i don't blame the other guy but tell me this why park your car on the opposite side of the road to your mates (they all parked over the road!) and then go over to them? Worst of all he knew straight away how much he wanted for it and then when I contacted him a few days later he admitted to me he was wanting a new car anyway, coincidence i think not! but i paid him what he wanted for it without question as i hit him and I accept that.

Problem with some people on here is they judge without knowing or caring about the facts, you crash you must be a stupid chav that can't drive etc etc

So all I can say is I made a stupid mistake and paid for that but none of you are perfect so don't come making out you are as at the end of the day shit happens, i sorted it and learnt form that but I tell you this I'M NO STUPID CHAV THAT SPEEDS EVERYWHERE AND I HAVE ALOT OF RESPECT FOR CARS AND MODIFYING AND LOOKING AFTER THEM. End of. :p