The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra crash

wilkorangerover

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

Have you ever tried reporting an accident when nobody is injured? They're just not interested mate.

yeah, you are correct, you only have to report if you do not stop and give full details to the owner of the other car. or if there is an injury to a third party (including for example your own passenger) and you are not able to produce an insurance certificate at the scene. s170 RTA 1988

As I said before, he has learnt a harsh lesson, hopefully!! I suspect he has had no-one to offer him some sound advice about big singles and handling. There are plenty here that have had "spirited drives" and not had an accident, I am not going to argue back to someone who says "Ah yes but I know the capabilities of my car", weather, road conditions and other road users all play a part in how we drive and we cannot be masters of them all. How many on here have come close to what has happened here.

The boy done wrong, let him learn from it rather than offering the "holier than thou" posts.

Agree 100% with the above. Everyone jumps on the band wagon to criticise when they don't know most of the facts. The person people call a chav might be a baptist minister who gives 75% of his wage to save the kitten charity for all we know. I crashed my na in the 1st week due to a stupid error and you guys were really sorry for me....

i think you guys are so funny, 1 day you will have an accident and want people to feel sorry for you, not every 1 can handle rwd cars and i admit there is a time and a place to show off, i find it best on the track, and on the duel carrage ways at the back of me lol racing porche's and 1000cc bikes lol but 1 day its gonna happen to us all because we just cant help putting our foot down to feel the rush of the turbo kicking us in the back.

i think you guys are so funny, 1 day you will have an accident and want people to feel sorry for you, not every 1 can handle rwd cars and i admit there is a time and a place to show off, i find it best on the track, and on the duel carrage ways at the back of me lol racing porche's and 1000cc bikes lol but 1 day its gonna happen to us all because we just cant help putting our foot down to feel the rush of the turbo kicking us in the back.

Big difference between a general driving accident and a screwing about accident.....

Big difference between a general driving accident and a screwing about accident.....

Exactly. When i was younger i sent my Hyundai Accent into a rather large ditch. Think i was 17 at the time. Best think i did was write off that car.

In anycase, it served me right, because i was driving beyond my capabilites at the time and my experience of the elements (black ice).

I dont sympaphise with people who write off their cars from sheer stupidity, unless lives are lost.

Lesson learned all round.

This is when it really does pay to have RLTC fitted to powerful cars that people may not be able to handle (initially).

This is when it really does pay to have RLTC fitted to powerful cars that people may not be able to handle (initially).

sorry but if you cant handle a powerful car, dont own one its as simple as that. another sup bites the dust. if your going to give the supra some you should take into account that anything could happen and so be prepared, i for one have never put my foot down in a small area or side roads, dual carriage ways and motorways are slightly different because there isnt the threat of running somebody over if you spin it.

:run:It's coming to that time of the year. Should start a sweep stake on how many Supes get written off before Spring 2009.

I've got the son of an old work chum who keeps askin gme if I sell him my Supe. He's only 19 and passed his test 2 years ago. Of course all his mates drive around in Scoobies and Evos. And guess what? They keep smashing them up. And getting killed!!! I'm going to p155 off some people here but there should be a law on what car you can drive because it's fairly obvious some people don't know what they're doing. Stand by to be flamed.:run:

Problem is Adnan, many people own cars which they enjoy, and without aids could not cope this.

Does what your saying mean they have no right to own the car, because without those aids it would be too powerful?

i cant obviously stop anybody from driving a powerful car, in my opinion if you havent got experience then dont get brave. on new years day in 2003 i saw one of best friends die in a car accident because his friend was driving an M3 not knowing what the car was capable of. i dont mean to sound rude and maybe its coming from emotion but if you dont know how to handle a fast car dont buy it or drive because the consequences can be really bad. do you kind of understand were im coming from?

do you kind of understand were im coming from?

Yes i do. However none of us are ever going to stop money from doing the talking, and anyone can drive whatever they want with the right amount of £££.

Sorry about your friend. I been there few times, as have quite a few on this board unfortunately.

:run:It's coming to that time of the year. Should start a sweep stake on how many Supes get written off before Spring 2009.

Good point.

All joking aside, people need to take it easy out there. The roads are already icy in parts, specially at night from what i have noticed.

Theres already Supras being written off left right and centre. Thats fine to an extent, aslong as no more lives are lost.

i really do agree with Chewie about how there being some rules in place. i mean im 21 meaning im young with a fast car but out of all my friends im the only one who drives sensibly, the rest of them plant their foot down and i hear a few days later the cars wrapped round a tree. seriously speaking its not even so much so about the car or how fast it is, its all about how the cars being driven, even a 106 or micra can get to 70-80 with ease.

He was driving a single with j spec brakes? they aren't all that on a n/a. Cheap tyres as well maybe?.seeing as he was cheap on the brakes.

I only drive a N/a, but the first thing I did was to get a full service, new brakes and tires. As said some people will spend a grand on wheels and forget the important things.

Well i'm sorry i'm not following the crowd here. Yes it may appear that he has cocked up and lost control. What amazes me is none of you slating the guy have ever had the backend twitch and your supra's in the past. Most of us have, the only difference is we have all has the fortune to catch it.

Saying that 20" alloys is a no no

i agree with the important factors- i rather stupidly bought expensive 19"s with massive wide rears and had to fork out £850 on tyres....but at least ive got awesome grip. its better to have a confident/safe setup before style imo....says the guy in the orange car...

Edited by supraspeed
? (see edit history)

Taking the cost of tyres into concideration, I dread to think how much tyres cost for 20" wheels!! The ones on my 16"s were bad enough, but I forked out for good tyres because I know what rwd cars are like! Twitchy MR2 at that!

This would usually result in them buying the cheapest tyres they can to save money, which unfortunately doesn't mix at all well with a single powered rwd beast with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel!!