The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra crash

wilkorangerover

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum bigsup69, glad you have learnt from your accident.

I should think that a lot of members on here know in their harts that they could have easily been in the same boat as you at some point but had luck on their side.

The pack mentality of this forum saddens me at times :(

I should think that a lot of members on here know in their harts that they could have easily been in the same boat as you at some point but had luck on their side.

"You should be able to stop in the roadspace you can see"

You either agree with this or you don't.

:yeahthat:

Then you have missed the point of most of the responses made in this thread.

If that’s the way you see the replies here, then maybe you need to be a little more mature to your approach to the forum. It is a forum for adults, not moaning care bears who get all upset and tetchy because someone doesn't agree with the point of view.

Edit - I'm not specifically responding to you here, but most that take the easy option and just post "I agree" to a response, rather than discussing it and adding reasonably intelligent thoughts or input to the topic.

completely forgot to post a reply to BigSup, the reason for venturing back in here - Fair play for you to holding your hands up and saying you were in the wrong, as other have said we've all been there and learnt from those experiences. Can't agree with all you've said, but wish you the best getting the car back on the road and driving with a wiser head on your shoulders.

If that’s the way you see the replies here, then maybe you need to be a little more mature to your approach to the forum. It is a forum for adults, not moaning care bears who get all upset and tetchy because someone doesn't agree with the point of view.

Edit - I'm not specifically responding to you here, but most that take the easy option and just post "I agree" to a response, rather than discussing it and adding reasonably intelligent thoughts or input to the topic.

Not sure this is totally valid - if you agree with a post what's the problem with saying so?

Then you have missed the point of most of the responses made in this thread.

I agree :D

So is is adult to start calling someone a chav and in your own words homer a "newbie twat" (incidentally I have infraction points against me for referring to some one who is not even a member of this forum a a "twat") seems there are rules for some that do not apply to others ;)

Regarding pack mentality IMHO if the first few replies were a little less damning then most other people would have been too.

Edited by Fearless
grammar (see edit history)

So is is adult to start calling someone a chav and in your own words homer a "newbie twat" (incidentally I have infraction points against me for referring to some one who is not even a member of this forum a a "twat") seems there are rules for some that do not apply to others ;)

Regarding pack mentality IMHO if the first few replies were a little less damning then most other people would have been too.

Well, regarding the swearing in your infracted thread, I don't see a problem with it tbh. The swear filter is doing it's job so crass language is okay so long as it's in "moderation" ;) In case you are not aware, the rules apply for all, moderators can (and are) warned if they post something unacceptable, perhaps worse so than most members. You'll just have to trust me on that.

I stand by what has been posted by most of this imaginary "pack" and say that the cause of the crash was due to bad driving and lack of experience (or in other words, driving like a twat), though it's refreshing and reassuring to see that BigSup has learnt from this. Most people would not have the balls to come back and admit that.

IMO people see a basic conversation as a "pack mentality" because it's the opinion shared by more than one person. The people shouting "wolves" are usually either more in tune with the situation or looking to stand up for the underdog (typical British!).

I don't see how agreeing with someone is the same as joining the mythical "pack".

Freedom of speech works both ways, after all.

Well, regarding the swearing in your infracted thread, I don't see a problem with it tbh. The swear filter is doing it's job so crass language is okay so long as it's in "moderation" ;) In case you are not aware, the rules apply for all, moderators can (and are) warned if they post something unacceptable, perhaps worse so than most members. You'll just have to trust me on that.

Fair enough I will trust you on that one. Maybe you could restore my faith in the fairness of this board by removing my infraction points for using the same terminology as you IE a "twat"?

..... the cause of the crash was due to bad driving and lack of experience (or in other words, driving like a twat), though it's refreshing and reassuring to see that BigSup has learnt from this. Most people would not have the balls to come back and admit that.

I completely agree with that, I just feel that had he been driving an unmodified Supra without wide arches and 20 inch wheels he would not have been given such harsh treatment from some members.

What an idiot, fool, moron etc.

Another retard giving Supra owners a bad name
It's the idiotic chav Supra owners that give the other 5% of us a bad name.

i just dont get it how did a chav end up with a single turbo?!

At some point most of us could have been in the same boat but we had a little luck on our side, got away with it and learnt from it.

I just feel that had he been driving an unmodified Supra without wide arches and 20 inch wheels he would not have been given such harsh treatment from some members.

Maybe.

Maybe if he'd have been driving an Aygo he wouldn't have had such treatment.

Maybe if he'd have been wearing a top hat and singing yankee doodle dandy at the time he wouldn't have had such treatment.

He wasn't though. Who knows.