The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra crash

wilkorangerover

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, sorry I cant really feel sorry for him if he was driving like a prat:(. Its lucky it wasn't far worse. Most of us have spirited drives but well with in our capabilites, track days are there for testing what they might be.

Hopefully though he will take it all on board and wont let it happen again:)

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

How many of us have been there, done something stupid and got away with it. He has learnt a harsh lesson, giving him a hard time isn't going to help him. Demeaning his driving and calling him a "chav"!! come on guys. Berate him, yes but belittling the guy, surely not.

Edited by Max Headroom
grammer (see edit history)

How many of us have been there, done something stupid and got away with it. He has learnt a harsh lesson, giving him a hard time isn't going to help him. Demeaning his driving and calling him a "chav"!! come on guys. Berate him, yes but belittling the guy, surely not.

If it was your car he hit would you be so forgiving?

Ironically someone did a hit and run on my 106 when I was at uni (not saying your mate did that)!

Came back to it and some pr**k had given it a right wallop and no note nothing. I was well pissed. As a student I couldn't afford to repair it either, and was too young have it worth while claiming through insurance. In the end a family member helped pay for repairs. It cost me and others a lot of time, headache, missed lectures, money and work days.

So I do feel the pain of the 106 owner.

Fair play...

I'm not sure I'd be as understanding if someone ploughed into my car because they were trying to show off...

As I said before, he has learnt a harsh lesson, hopefully!! I suspect he has had no-one to offer him some sound advice about big singles and handling. There are plenty here that have had "spirited drives" and not had an accident, I am not going to argue back to someone who says "Ah yes but I know the capabilities of my car", weather, road conditions and other road users all play a part in how we drive and we cannot be masters of them all. How many on here have come close to what has happened here.

The boy done wrong, let him learn from it rather than offering the "holier than thou" posts.

True but you must know that a manouver etc that you're about to attempt, even driving fast, could be on the edge of what you think you can cope with. If so you back off to reduce the risk, especially on the road with other people. As I said earlier. Everyone makes mistakes and we can accept that, but if its due to a lack of common sense not so much so. But no-one was hurt and if he learns from it thats all good.

Unfortunately though that doesn't always happen. For example some time ago there was a guy not far from me who took a corner far too fast reasulting in an accident which killed his female passenger, not long after he did the same thing again, and again killed his passenger.

True but you must know that a manouver etc that you're about to attempt, even driving fast, could be on the edge of what you think you can cope with. If so you back off to reduce the risk, especially on the road with other people. As I said earlier. Everyone makes mistakes and we can accept that, but if its due to a lack of common sense not so much so. But no-one was hurt and if he learns from it thats all good.

Unfortunately though that doesn't always happen. For example some time ago there was a guy not far from me who took a corner far too fast reasulting in an accident which killed his female passenger, not long after he did the same thing again, and again killed his passenger.

Fair point made and hopefully the guy is now in prison for CDBDD

To be fair guys why the hell was a pug parked on a bypass on its own?? he was not thrashing it round the round about because you couldn`t hear the screamer pipe kicking in or anything, iam guessing the 20" wheels/ j spec brakes /

The 20" wheels were on the car when he bought it 2 weeks ago

Maybe if the pug werent abandoned there the supra would have hit the kerb and just damaged the wheel/ skirt

I don`t know...

To be fair guys why the hell was a pug parked on a bypass on its own?? he was not thrashing it round the round about because you couldn`t hear the screamer pipe kicking in or anything, iam guessing the 20" wheels/ j spec brakes /

The 20" wheels were on the car when he bought it 2 weeks ago

Maybe if the pug werent abandoned there the supra would have hit the kerb and just damaged the wheel/ skirt

I don`t know...

Yeah, the pug owner is to blame, sue him.