The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolutely Gutted!!

Havard

I shall withdraw my offer then H, sorry didnt know it was you i was outbidding:eyebrows:

sorry cruel joke - its not me - i really feel for you pal

some good news - apparently its double experience points this weekend on cod4 (rumour has it)

LOL.....:D

Fortune vomits on my duvet once more!!:(

H.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't read all the other pages because I don't have time.... Feel for you. Really sad.

At least the guy apologised.... you be amazed the number who wouldnt

With regard to the legal argument... technically on agreeing the purchase with you he had formed a legal contract and technically you could claim breach of contract. Saying that though you'd have to prove a loss and whilst you could claim that the car was one off (there is similar cases) I don't think it is worth it.

p.s. - love your sig :)

Vicki knows my size. Hopefully she'll bring some back!!

Then I can dress up for you Andy.......:eyebrows:

H.

:D

Good man. I think it was planned anyway. Ste D and M5 WTT are coming round later for an xbox session. I feel a Maccy Dees and copious amounts of lager coming on......:eyebrows:

H.

That's all he'll be able to afford. :) I think Mrs M5W TT has plans for the wallet..:D

As much as it's a nice car buddy, £17K is a lot of money and I think you'll come to realise that something good has happened.

You don't think it was worth 17K?? Being a Supra fan, I thought that I would never find one like this again. Rare model with silly low mileage. I wouldn't have used it that much so I expected that as time went on it could have been 20 years old with only say 20K on the clock.

Time will tell if it depreciates badly but I will be surprised if it does. I really hope that I change my mind on this because at the moment I feel like I have missed out on something really special for myself and also for the club.

H.

you drive over to view, you make your offer, and you pull out the cash and drive it away. Job done. That's how you save being messed about, and the sight and smell of say 10K in folding stuff works wonders when others are talking ifs, ands and buts!

that kinda sums it up really........

Maybe he was just saying it was 2.5k more to make his decision sound more justified.

I get that feeling about this deal too....

anyway havard buddy - you got caught out by your naivety.

Edited by imi (see edit history)

that kinda sums it up really........

I get that feeling about this deal too....

anyway havard buddy - you got caught out by your naivety.

Hold on a minute Imi. We did a deal at 11'o clock on a Thursday night and by 9.45 am on the Friday morning I have lost the car. If you could get your hands on 17K and drive from Wigan to Leicester in that time then your a different class in my book. I told him that I wanted to give him a deposit and he refused as he trusted my word.

I don't see where I have been naive?? It's a word that I don't like after I had spent so much time working on this even before I made an offer.

i think you are better off getting something you will use and enjoy no point buying something that is just gonna sit in a garage. life is to sort buy something you are gonna use and have fun in

I disagree Paul. I like to have something that I class as special no matter how much I use it. Everyone is different I suppose. I like to have somehting classy and well looked after and use it rarely than something avarage and hammer it to death.

H.

Paul, I agree with you, if a man isn't worth his word, then what is he worth.

I don't know whether he has been back in touch directly, but he spent about 30 minutes reading this thread** and didn't feel able to post a response. That says it all for me :(

Mike

** This information is available to everyone, see the bar at the bottom of the thread that says who is viewing the thread ;)

I can't think of any real alternative at all for that sort of money.

That's my problem. The only option that would actually put a smile on my face would be a 996 Turbo and that means that I would not really be a part of the club ie meets, JAE and all that.....:( They are also 30K which is a lot more than I would like to spend with a young family etc.

I don't know whether he has been back in touch directly, but he spent about 30 minutes reading this thread** and didn't feel able to post a response. That says it all for me :(

Mike

** This information is available to everyone, see the bar at the bottom of the thread that says who is viewing the thread ;)

Yeah mate, I know about the bar at the bottom but I hadn't seen his user name on it.

Thanks Mike.

H.

It does suck donkey balls, but to be honest I would have done the same. £2.5k is a lot of money to turn your' nose up at.

That car was a belter and you are probably not gonna come across another as good, but at the end of the day you still have £17k at the ready when something takes your fancy.

At least he never took your deposit and fooked off, that would have been gay.

Mike

Its called being busy as ive got a fair few things to sort out in a short time. Well where do we start trying to surf through some of the s**t people have been speaking in here could take me all day. I must admit i did chuckle at the missus pressure excuse as that was something i never said, just as when i spoke to H directly on the phone that morning i said i spoke with my misses for a good hour plus and she simply pointed out the fact that we have been out bidded twice on a house we are going for and are down £10-£15k on the house now so can we really afford to be down on the car aswell, its all well and good a mans worth his word but at the end of the day would anyone take a risk no matter how small of seeing his family full flat on their faces half way around the world with no direct help avaliable. People say a man is worth his word which i agree with but at the same time is a man really a man if he doesnt stand by his family and do the best for them? Heck if any of you would be happy to see their families kids included as ive got a little boy and another on the way completely f'd up due to even the smallest oversight financially then hey i guess that makes you a real man in your own eyes.

Just as when i spoke to H i was geuinely happy hes a top guy and you can tell that instantly from speaking to him, i dont often apologies but i was very apologetic with him as i didnt want to let hm down but at the end of the day not all of us are loaded and have money falling out of our rear ends (not directed at your H at all, the people who wouldnt even worry if they lost a few grand down a street drain know who they are) but like i said although i beleive in standing by your word i also beleive that standing by "your" family is a mans first responsibility.

Will post more in here as i read through more and get the chance to reply, ideally once ive moved out etc.

Edited by Jon M (see edit history)

Guest CoolsBlue
You really are a knob aren,t you.

Posted via Mobile Device

who do you think you are. Just becuase Paul can't handle being outbid on a car he has to post up and get sympathy.

Edited by CoolsBlue
Editted to make it a little less unpleasant. The sentiment remains though (see edit history)

then never, ever, listen to your missus!

Only information his missus prolly have is that they are going to Australia and he have to sell this silly/huge/driveway taking blue car :rolleyes: (which is still not sold because he was fancy to play with Havard and as an effect he lost quite big chance to sell on this forum)...

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

Guest CoolsBlue
This thread has 90 replies and you come out with a post like that. You need to grow up little boy......:rolleyes: Lately your barrage of pointless posts have irritated the sh!t out of me but at least you are consistent with your immature crap.....:blink:

I'll be watching your comments from now and see if there is anything you should "Live with".

Tosser!!

Kick a man whilst he's down......:D

H.

Pointless posts? rofl this thread is pointless. twat.