Absolutely Gutted!!

Havard

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW my take on buying cars is you decide if you are seriously interested, you drive over to view, you make your offer, and you pull out the cash and drive it away. Job done. That's how you save being messed about, and the sight and smell of say 10K in folding stuff works wonders when others are talking ifs, ands and buts! Sorry you missed it, but hey, it's only a car, you'll probably find something else soon enough. When Supra prices hit rock bottom in 6 months you'll heave a sigh of relief you missed it, to be honest ;)

Funny how that works isn't it?

Losing it to someone else just makes you irrationally want it more.

I only decided that I really wanted it after the deal was done....:D

Hopefully the deal will fall through, if it does you should ask for a grand off for him taking the piss

:D

FWIW my take on buying cars is you decide if you are seriously interested, you drive over to view, you make your offer, and you pull out the cash and drive it away. Job done. That's how you save being messed about, and the sight and smell of say 10K in folding stuff works wonders when others are talking ifs, ands and buts! Sorry you missed it, but hey, it's only a car, you'll probably find something else soon enough. When Supra prices hit rock bottom in 6 months you'll heave a sigh of relief you missed it, to be honest ;)

Doesn't feel that way at the moment Chris. It's a shame as this would have come to you for any work if needed....;)

The problem I have is that the bulk of the cash is in an ISA and I'll lose interest if I had it floating round the house. I also bank with the Nationwide and they are really fussy about large withdrawals, so it's not like I can get at my cash the same day as they have to order it in etc.

H.

I only decided that I really wanted it after the deal was done....:D

:D

Doesn't feel that way at the moment Chris. It's a shame as this would have come to you for any work if needed....;)

The problem I have is that the bulk of the cash is in an ISA and I'll lose interest if I had it floating round the house. I also bank with the Nationwide and they are really fussy about large withdrawals, so it's not like I can get at my cash the same day as they have to order it in etc.

H.

i will keep my eyes open for something in japan :) and ask if any of the japanese supra club owners know of any still about..

i will keep my eyes open for something in japan :) and ask if any of the japanese supra club owners know of any still about..

I don't fancy your odds mate. This was a unique opportunity. Jon told me what he paid you for it originally and this would not have been in my price range.

I think the mixture of the fact that he had to leave, you had just got the R35 and the credit crunch meant that I had a chance to capitalise. I appreciate the sentiment Jurgen but I won't be holding my breath mate!!

H.

When Supra prices hit rock bottom in 6 months you'll heave a sigh of relief you missed it, to be honest ;)

A fair point to be honest - Jap cars (and cars in general) will go (are currently going) the same way as the housing market so you'll have the pick of the Supes in a few months as per Chris' comments.

I cannot believe I am reading this.

No 1. Jon you are the biggest cock ever. To build someones hopes up like that, a true enthusiast who was dying to get a TRD, then take it away, I have no words to describe what a prick you have been. I hope you enjoy spending that extra £2.5k. You never deserved that car in the first place!

No 2. Havard, gutted for you mate, I really hope another car of equal quality comes along for you.

I cannot believe I am reading this.

No 1. Jon you are the biggest cock ever. To build someones hopes up like that, a true enthusiast who was dying to get a TRD, then take it away, I have no words to describe what a prick you have been. I hope you enjoy spending that extra £2.5k. You never deserved that car in the first place!

No 2. Havard, gutted for you mate, I really hope another car of equal quality comes along for you.

bit strong, no? I know a deal is a deal and all that, but we live in the real world and if you need money then an extra £2.5k goes a long way, not everyone has money hanging from the tree's and if you have invested money into a special car then yes you would hope to get close to what you paid back. It's not a small amount we are talking about, its £2.5k, if thats a small amount to some people then fine thats their opinion. Bottom line is, selling anything means you want to get the best price for it, until money is changed hands then there is nothing you can do.

I feel sorry for you though mate but business is business.

Strong, I doubt it. He bought that car for £21k. He comes back on here selling it for £25k as per this post, trying to skim a nice profit form one of our members. My mind drifts to the abuse Niz gets for selling overpriced goods, so what's the difference here :rolleyes:

He buys a car, adds another owners, & passes a psychological 10k barrier and expects another £4k for it, yeah right.

Then he realises his "profit making" scheme isn't going to work and has to sell it as a loss. All these stories of people wanting to break it or stick neons on it are all bullshit.

And at the final sale he manages to get another couple of grand while dashing the hopes of one of our own members (if I recall Jon wasn't even a member before buying the car).

As far as I'm concerned he can **** off to Australia

Strong, I doubt it. He bought that car for £21k. He comes back on here selling it for £25k as per this post, trying to skim a nice profit form one of our members. My mind drifts to the abuse Niz gets for selling overpriced goods, so what's the difference here :rolleyes:

He buys a car, adds another owners, & passes a psychological 10k barrier and expects another £4k for it, yeah right.

Then he realises his "profit making" scheme isn't going to work and has to sell it as a loss. All these stories of people wanting to break it or stick neons on it are all bullshit.

And at the final sale he manages to get another couple of grand while dashing the hopes of one of our own members (if I recall Jon wasn't even a member before buying the car).

As far as I'm concerned he can **** off to Australia

:yeahthat:

:yeahthat:

Maybe he was just saying it was 2.5k more to make his decision sound more justified.

Personally I couldn't go back on a deal that was made, what kind of man is he? :blink: