The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolutely Gutted!!

Havard

Its called being busy as ive got a fair few things to sort out in a short time. Well where do we start trying to surf through some of the s**t people have been speaking in here could take me all day. I must admit i did chuckle at the missus pressure excuse as that was something i never said, just as when i spoke to H directly on the phone that morning i said i spoke with my misses for a good hour plus and she simply pointed out the fact that we have been out bidded twice on a house we are going for and are down £10-£15k on the house now so can we really afford to be down on the car aswell, its all well and good a mans worth his word but at the end of the day would anyone take a risk no matter how small of seeing his family full flat on their faces half way around the world with no direct help avaliable. People say a man is worth his word which i agree with but at the same time is a man really a man if he doesnt stand by his family and do the best for them? Heck if any of you would be happy to see their families kids included as ive got a little boy and another on the way completely f'd up due to even the smallest oversight financially then hey i guess that makes you a real man in your own eyes.

Just as when i spoke to H i was geuinely happy hes a top guy and you can tell that instantly from speaking to him, i dont often apologies but i was very apologetic with him as i didnt want to let hm down but at the end of the day not all of us are loaded and have money falling out of our rear ends (not directed at your H at all, the people who wouldnt even worry if they lost a few grand down a street drain know who they are) but like i said although i beleive in standing by your word i also beleive that standing by "your" family is a mans first responsibility.

Will post more in here as i read through more and get the chance to reply, ideally once ive moved out etc.

My posts in this thread have not been critical of you Jon if anything I have defended your decision. Hand on heart I come form a background of principle and you stick to your word. This case is very unfortunate as you also have responsibilites to your family which must be a higher priority that some bald bloke from Wigan......:D

If you asked me would I have done the same in your position. I couldn't actually say no, so that says it all really. £2.5K is a lot of money and you look after number one when it all comes down to it. I created this thread as I was massively disappointed with the situation and not you persoanally. I hope you feel that my representation of what happened is correct? You seem like a genuine guy too and it's the situation that you have been put in that's the problem...:(

I take it that the car has now gone and you got your money?

Either way, good luck in Oz. No hard feelings, just a lot of frustration and disappointment.

Paul

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least he never took your deposit and fooked off, that would have been gay.

Hey leave Larry Grayson out of this, he's not even a member!

Last edited by Pixelfill; Today at 12:42. Reason: Editted to make it a little less unpleasant. The sentiment remains though

This is one of the most entertaining threads for ages...I think. Or maybe not. I thought this was a car forum, come on guys lets all be nice. Deep breaths and all that.

images.jpg

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

Only information his missus prolly have is that they are going to Australia and he have to sell this silly/huge/driveway taking blue car :rolleyes: (which is still not sold because he was fancy to play with Havard and as an effect he lost quite big chance to sell on this forum)...

Not sure if thats a dig at my misses but considering she probably knows more about motors than you mate ill happily laugh it off.

But i gotto ask why the hell is everyone ripping out eachothers throats from something that didnt involve them? I mean common if there is to be any hard feelings or annomsity then it should be from H towards myself, thats understandable.

Yet when i spoke with H directly he was "very" understanding and simpathetic with my situation (ive been in the same situation with my house and i havent stayed as calm and collective but i guess its the nature of the game) hes a quality guy and you can tell that from talking to him within literally minutes on the phone, i was pissed off with myself to have to let him down but the difference at the moment between me and my family making or breaking abroad is big so every small thing helps towards making it out there and considering i owe my misses and having a family with her a hell of alot ive put them first constantly since we have been together.

My posts in this thread have not been critical of you Jon if anything I have defended your decision. Hand on heart I come form a background of principle and you stick to your word. This case is very unfortunate as you also have responsibilites to your family which must be a higher priority that some bald bloke from Wigan......:D

If you asked me would I have done the same in your position. I couldn't actually say no, so that says it all really. £2.5K is a lot of money and you look after number one when it all comes down to it. I created this thread as I was massively disappointed with the situation and not you persoanally. I hope you feel that my representation of what happened is correct? You seem like a genuine guy too and it's the situation that you have been put in that's the problem...:(

I take it that the car has now gone and you got your money?

Either way, good luck in Oz. No hard feelings, just a lot of frustration and disappointment.

Paul

Not at all paul, i understand the reason for making the thread its probably the best way i would have come up with to vent my frustration towards fellow enthusiasts with a sympathetic ear so to speak. Nothing i read in any of your posts made me feel you where taking aim at me personally again as ive said before your a stand up guy and your dealing of the situation is just proof of that. Well the money is in my bank so, so far so good. But i will give you a call shortly as promised.

Edited by Jon M
To add reply to H (see edit history)