The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolutely Gutted!!

Havard

Oh ffs guys! get in the real world, I'd done the same thing. No contract was signed, and no deposit was placed on the car. But had he insisted on putting down a deposit, then it would've been a completely different story. If a deposit was placed, then I would also be telling jon to feck off to Australia. No disrespect to Havard but he got a better offer, deal with it. (last remark was not aimed at Havard, but the majority of people contributing to this thread) :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh ffs guys! get in the real world, I'd done the same thing. No contract was signed, and no deposit was placed on the car. But had he insisted on putting down a deposit, then it would've been a completely different story. If a deposit was placed, then I would also be telling jon to feck off to Australia. No disrespect to Havard but he got a better offer, deal with it. (last remark was not aimed at Havard, but the majority of people contributing to this thread) :D

Your post doesn't make any sense. :D

No offence, but lets hope you don't find yourself in the same position as Havard one day

No offence, but lets hope you don't find yourself in the same position as Havard one day

Non taken, thats life! I have every sympathy for Havard and I too would've liked the car to stay within our community! but comments on here are a little OTT.

Non taken, thats life! I have every sympathy for Havard and I too would've liked the car to stay within our community! but comments on here are a little OTT.

Let me ask you then, you have been told the car of your dreams is yours, you then find out the guy has sold it to someone else for a couple of grand more. You will probably never get to own such a car again. How exactly do you feel pray tell, c'est la ve I doubt very much

Business is business, you are right...

However a contract even verbal should be honoured. I do feel for you with this, because if I was in your shoes as much as I'd want to tell him to see if it would go sideways up his rectum, if it was offered again I would have to consider because it is to me almost the pinnacle of an example.

:( Gutted for you Paul .......im must admit a deals a deal ..but when you "jetting " off to the other side of the World i suppose Jon wont have to worry about all the flack :rolleyes:

I must admit thats one hell of a car tho if i had the money ( or anywhere near it ) i would have tried for it too :)

Cheers

-Ian-

Let me ask you then, you have been told the car of your dreams is yours, you then find out the guy has sold it to someone else for a couple of grand more. You will probably never get to own such a car again. How exactly do you feel pray tell, c'est la ve I doubt very much

How old are you? Like I said, its life, deals are made and broken every single day! it aint nice, it happens end of.

As mentioned a verbal contract is legally binding but the hard bit is proving it. However £2.5k is a lot of money and in these hard times, would anybody turn down a higher offer for easy money. I doubt it. Of course that depends if it was genuine. The wife bit was just deflecting the blame. His decision and only his. I extend my deepest sincerest condolences. There will be others.

it happens a lot in the housing market, it's sh!t but it happens and money talks unfortunately (especially in today's climate), I genuinely feel for havard, but can see why John did it, as it seemed he had a lot of outlay down under....

Havard - it all happens for a reason, it might not seem like it at the moment but a bit down the line you'll look back at this and probably be content with the end result, it's a bugger now but hopefully there'll be a silver lining for you :)

Edited by razza (see edit history)

Bloody hell guys....:blink: I nip on xbox live to shoot some Americans and you all start throwing the toys about. :D

Thanks for the comments guys but I just feel really let down.

The fact is that I am not really annoyed at Jon. He told the guy that he had a satisfactory offer and then some rich tosser has just thrown a stupid figure at him at a time that he really needs the money. I had taken advantage of the fact that he needed the leave the country to get a cheap deal, someone else takes advantage of the fact that they have plenty of cash to throw about. :( (At first I thought I'd be gazumped by Jamie P.....:D)

I do understand though that this guy needs to do what is best for his family etc but it really has upset me.

H.

Strong, I doubt it. He bought that car for £21k. He comes back on here selling it for £25k as per this post, trying to skim a nice profit form one of our members. My mind drifts to the abuse Niz gets for selling overpriced goods, so what's the difference here :rolleyes:
WHOA! Hold on a minute there Jay.

Is there something wrong with selling something for what it's worth? Regardless of what you paid for it.

Case in point:

I sold JamieP the black TT6 that he has recently been turning into the monster everyone has seen.

He knew what I paid for it (£4750), everyone knew, I made no secret about it. But Jamie was happy to pay me 2k more than that for it - because that is still a fair price for such a car and Jamie is a businessman and a realist.

Did I rip Jamie off?

Selling shit for a profit is not a moral crime.

----------------

However, I think Havard has been done a favour. An auto Supra, no matter what bodykit, is not worth that sort of money - not these days.

However, I think Havard has been done a favour. An auto Supra, no matter what bodykit, is not worth that sort of money - not these days.

I was meaning to pm you actually Jake before I did the deal. I wanted to know more about the tiptronic box and any problems.

I was indifferent about the money tbh. I had agreed a deal for 17k, which is a lot of money but I felt that this one was worth it. I see a lot of 10K+ Supes on PH etc and they do nothing for me.

Wierd!!

H.

WHOA! Hold on a minute there Jay.

Is there something wrong with selling something for what it's worth? Regardless of what you paid for it.

Case in point:

I sold JamieP the black TT6 that he has recently been turning into the monster everyone has seen.

He knew what I paid for it (£4750), everyone knew, I made no secret about it. But Jamie was happy to pay me 2k more than that for it - because that is still a fair price for such a car and Jamie is a businessman and a realist.

Did I rip Jamie off?

Selling shit for a profit is not a moral crime.

----------------

Did you offer to sell it to someone else for £2k then sell it to Jamie, fucking off the original buyer Jake?

This is my last thoughts on the matter:

This argument isn't about how much the car is worth, or who got what good deal. It's about a mans word. In this case we have found out Jon's word is worth less than £2.5k.

I am happy to say that regardless of how much money I may or may not have, or how much I may or may not need any money, my word is priceless, it is now, & it has been since the day I was born.

*Durham lad signing outa this piss poor excuse of a thread*