The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

Well you have put a lot of hard work, and thought in there already so keep it coming!

PM a MOD to paste these threads into Your own projects section. I found its a brilliant way to encourage inspiration when there are bits everywhere and you feel like giving up :(;):D

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well you have put a lot of hard work, and thought in there already so keep it coming!

PM a MOD to paste these threads into Your own projects section. I found its a brilliant way to encourage inspiration when there are bits everywhere and you feel like giving up :(;):D

just to check, do you know RaceMe and do you want his posts out of your project thread?

yeh lots of work to do what rear wheels are you running what dish and what back space ????

mine are 15x15 Pro Weld Street can be seen on summit racing USA Website, The offset should be listed on there too, If you need to know i can have a lookski..

OMFG! Yes thats Defo my car...Priceless pics!

VERY interesting to see what parts where started to be fitted back then, Lots of those parts pictured then "Vanished" in various transitions of the cars life in bits.

It must have had the GRP doors and boot made/fitted after that.

You can see the rear bumper where it is marked out to be cut. (Bibby said he wanted everyone who ever followed him on the road to see the massive 9" Diff and outragous tyres)

Could you send the originals to my email [email protected]

Cheers

Stuart

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I will let the pictures do the talking as i have had another Achieving day chucking parts on the car..Time flies when your havin fun :D

I am going to run an N/A engine to get it road legal then we can shake down all of the rest of the car ready for the Drag Motor :)

The brakes are now all bled and finished, The shifter is all hooked up and operational, I am making a start on simplifying the wiring looms!

The doors are all built up with functioning electric windows and mirrors, I am running the OEM door cards too.

I am going to temporarily have the N/A Dials mounted to pass Mot and vic! With the drag Motor i have decided to go with Solaris ECU.

Most of the IC piping is now done.

Fuel system is complete.

Lots of adapters later all my oil temp,Tranny oil temp,Engine oil pressure and fuel pressure senders are all in and fitted.

I omitted the OEM oil filter bracket to simplify it vastly. Now the HKS sandwich plate goed straight into the block.

At this rate she will be Legal early in the new year!

attachment.php?attachmentid=102519&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=102520&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=102513&d=1232210470

Fabbed a alternator adjusting bracket and fitted a standard 914mm Micro V Belt.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102518&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=102517&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=102514&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=102521&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=102516&d=1232210470

2x Tranny coolers fitted and plumbed up front with a sucker fan each.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102515&d=1232210470

Aerocatch

attachment.php?attachmentid=102522&d=1232210470

061220092962.jpg

061220092964.jpg

061220092965.jpg

271120092909.jpg

271120092914.jpg

271120092920.jpg

131220092995.jpg

131220092996.jpg

131220093000.jpg

131220093005.jpg

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Hi Gaz, Shakey to start with as its only 300 mile round trip compared to 500 for pod...BUT i reckon i will have the bug and do whatever i can:Pling::D

Hi Stu

Keep your eye on this site for rules in 2010 infor HKS series I've had prop loop and transmission blanket fitted the rest is quite easy for me running slowertimes :D

SFI is date stamped so i suggest buying from trader who can re-date when needed. Webster Race Engineering offer this.

I did get my harnesses from Demon Tweeks at a very good price ;)

Not got Snell Helmet, race suit, boots etc yet, hoping to have these before next years racing starts.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/forums/index.php?sid=1b7f6a9dce90a0abc5b0bda05ca4e041

Shakey is a bit easier as you know ;)

But at the times and speeds you will or could be running i think safety may be top of the importance list of thing to buy :D

Hi Gaz, Thanks for your concerns.

I have a SPA Auto fire system plumbed to Engine bay,Cab and fuel compartment TBF.

I have 3 layer Nomex underwear,Suit,Gloves,Boots,Balaclava etc.

Also a Motorsport spec lid.

The prop hoop is massive and was done by Hauser racecars.

The Powerglide box has an SFI certified bell housing with built in Steel belt.

I have a good contact for the SFI Stamps!

All acesses to the vehicle can be opened from the outside.

Battery master is gonna go in the windscreen scuttle.

I have all the paperwork now from the build and all the receipts/Spec of the parts i acquired with the original Rolling chassis.

Any more thoughts greatly appreciated :)

Looking good dude. Is the nitrous bottle not a little bit too vertical, it should be laid down more than that and you will need a tie down round the nose to stop it becoming a torpedo!!!! You will also have to have it vented outside the car from the blow off disc/port. I also think the cut off has to go on the rear of the car and be labelled, you do not HAVE to have a fire system to race (but im fitting a lifeline one). See you on the start line;)

Thanks for all the replies and Pm's It all helps my enthusiasm:d Not that i am lacking any.

I have printed off the HKS Rulebook and it seems i can only qualify for the "Sport compact Pro class 9.99 secs or quicker"

As the "Sport compact Factory Modified" class does not allow chassis mods or halfbacks?

If the classes and rules are anything like RYA power boating then the rules that do not relate to safety issues, Tend to be quite loose depending on the competitors for that season!

Basically As the numbers of competitors dwindle the rules tended to be more accommodating to the Crews.

Does anyone know if this is the case in HKS series?

The NOS bottle will be mounted correctly and at a lesser angle eventually, Although Hauser race cars did weld the mounts for it to sit pretty much where it is in the picture..Albeit at a lesser angle.

Just a few Specs of the parts fitted

*ProTech Adjustable Aluminum Coil overs fitted to rear

*Strange Daytona Pinion support in Rear axle

*Tru Trac Street Diff.

There are some quick cars in the pro class dude!!!!

I don't know which to go for, I think Factory Mod because the tyres are cheaper!!!!;)

You will get weight penalties for the non factory based items as well, diff and gearbox, have you looked at other race series??? You could maybe run that in super gas with a throttle stop.