Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what an amazing car you have,u put your soul into that well done.on the TC is it easy to swop out your internals as normally they welded.i had a TC fail years ago just ended up buying another one.what do you do for a living?

Hi My Torque convertor is a neal chance bolt together, I have stripped it myself and re-shimmed it, i also have several different stators to change the stall, so far its been fine however originally i ran an ATI weld together and that was comparitively rubbish.

I Own my own business that i started when i was 19 years old, Marine engineering. just gone 13 years trading.

http://www.seaworthymarine.co.uk

See you all at Suprapod ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a day @ suprapod!

for us it was 3rd time lucky as last year it rained, the year before i broke 2nd gear the previous weekend. The weather looked iffy but around noon the track was open ;-)

We did a shakedown pass of 9.5 and 9.1 to find a leaky rear brake hose!! then after a bit of sun to warm the track we did our first 8 sec run of the day....and so the 4th pass was OUR NEW PB 8.65 seconds with a 1.34 second 60ft time..

Many thanks to RyanG for all of his help and support.

Now its time for bigger 2200cc injectors and more NOS ;-)

some pics and vids of the day here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?252577-Supra-pod-2011-Pictures-amp-Video-thread/page2&p=3185936

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Well done Stuart, good to speak to you again yesterday, really pleased to see you got a new PB :)

Got all the times available, here's your stats from that 8.6518 run, hope you don't mind these being posted!

60ft: 1.3444s

330ft: 3.6318s

594ft: 5.2018s

1/8th ET: 5.5562s

1/8th MPH: 127.00mph

1000ft: 7.2296s

1000ft MPH: 145.78mph

1/4: 8.6518s

1/4 MPH: 158.52mph

You got the best results in every item above apart from a very slightly higher 1/4 MPH in an earlier run of 158.54mph

You also cover 1-9 or the top 10 qtr's from today, not bad since you did "only" 9 runs total :D

Great runs, Stu. Was a pleasure to meet you, even if you're a little *too* trusting perhaps by suggesting that we help you pack your chute! :p Wish I had gotten a photo of Ryan's face when he thought he was getting a run in the passenger seat - "bricking it" is the expression, I believe :D

Great runs, Stu. Was a pleasure to meet you, even if you're a little *too* trusting perhaps by suggesting that we help you pack your chute! :p Wish I had gotten a photo of Ryan's face when he thought he was getting a run in the passenger seat - "bricking it" is the expression, I believe :D

..and how about that wasp inside the cabin? :D

Well done Stuart, good to speak to you again yesterday, really pleased to see you got a new PB :)

Got all the times available, here's your stats from that 8.6518 run, hope you don't mind these being posted!

60ft: 1.3444s

330ft: 3.6318s

594ft: 5.2018s

1/8th ET: 5.5562s

1/8th MPH: 127.00mph

1000ft: 7.2296s

1000ft MPH: 145.78mph

1/4: 8.6518s

1/4 MPH: 158.52mph

You got the best results in every item above apart from a very slightly higher 1/4 MPH in an earlier run of 158.54mph

You also cover 1-9 or the top 10 qtr's from today, not bad since you did "only" 9 runs total :D

Awesome stuff, Great to see you again and ALL of the other members ;-) But i don't feel i should take the top 10 runs as i was booked in as "Time Trials" on my tickets ;-) :-) Still nice to know

Congrats Stuart - awesome runs at Pod, knew you were on for that record run when from the grandstand I saw you hook up like a scalded cat!

I think the best 60fts keeping the Toyota rear end are ~ 1.4 or 1.5 for the high powered Supras in the states Chris but that likely takes drag spec suspension and specific adjustable camber arms to set positive at the rear for a launch on neutral, as well as other bush related mods.

After an Epic 3 days fitting a Syvecs S8, bigger injectors, new engine loom and redoing all the nitrous system through the ecu we finally got it dialed in on the strip.

Resulted in an 8.5 with a 1.2 60ft!! ;) The map will have to stay at that now so he doesn't get thrown of the track with his cage being tagged to 8.5. GOOD OLD VPOWER!

Im just glad the Wizard of NOS kit is gone! 3D Mapping and closed loop nitrous control just cant beat!

Here is a Vid of an earlier 8.6 run with the launch abit more aggressive :D

After an Epic 3 days fitting a Syvecs S8, bigger injectors, new engine loom and redoing all the nitrous system through the ecu we finally got it dialed in on the strip.

Resulted in an 8.5 with a 1.2 60ft!! ;) The map will have to stay at that now so he doesn't get thrown of the track with his cage being tagged to 8.5. GOOD OLD VPOWER!

Im just glad the Wizard of NOS kit is gone! 3D Mapping and closed loop nitrous control just cant beat!

Here is a Vid of an earlier 8.6 run with the launch abit more aggressive :D

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/Fletchy/th_SANY0051.jpg

Well done Ryan and Stu the car is a credit to the pair of you, was interesting to see it improve on each run. I dont doubt it will easily run faster than its tag if you want.