Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have Sky Insurance come through with cover if it is rained off ?

insurance was all sorted out today. So we are covered if it gets rained off. It covers the competitor costs only as we are sure we can still have fun even if the strip is out of use.

We also have a 180minute clause built in which means anytime in the first 180minutes if it gets rained off we can still claim. But after 3 hours of running if it rains and the event stops then we cannot claim.

Sky have provided the insurance through another agent and have agreed to pick up the costs for us. So a big thanks must go to Sky for doing that.

Still no news on the motorbike situation Im afraid, I will chase up Pod for an answer on that.

I came to this last year and had a great day, so if you guys don't mind i will tag along again + a friend???

Cheers

Andy

its a members only event Im afraid. Register as a member and you can certainly come along.

We will be asking for membership cards or proof of membership on the gate as we need to be sure its for members and their guests.

Not quite sure how you came along last year, it was members only then as well.

Im pretty sure they wont let bikes race cars, never have in the past, if the car driver gets it wrong he could run the biker over.

shame about the bikes. Perhaps thats why they are a little slow in coming back. I will call them tomorrow to chase it up.

hows the rounding up of your friends with their high power cars coming along? You wanted a friend to run an F40 didnt you? Wouldnt mind seeing that.

4 runs?

I thought it was unlimited runs? With the number of cars taking part you should get plenty of goes.

I appreciate that Michael but we only want a couple of goes each. This is the debate we are having. Is it worth the money unless we are going to spend all day ragging our car........:rolleyes:

H.

shame about the bikes. Perhaps thats why they are a little slow in coming back. I will call them tomorrow to chase it up.

hows the rounding up of your friends with their high power cars coming along? You wanted a friend to run an F40 didnt you? Wouldnt mind seeing that.

None of the monaro boys seemed interested, they have organised a meet there this weekend i think it is.

My father in-law has the F40, im seeing him in the morning so ill try and talk him into it, unlikely though he is 65 this year and has used it less and less in the last few years, im hoping he will give it to me soon:D

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

its a members only event Im afraid. Register as a member and you can certainly come along.

We will be asking for membership cards or proof of membership on the gate as we need to be sure its for members and their guests.

Not quite sure how you came along last year, it was members only then as well.

PM'd

Edited by michael (see edit history)

Im pretty sure they wont let bikes race cars, never have in the past, if the car driver gets it wrong he could run the biker over.

Pfft, the bike will be down the strip, finished and sitting in the fire-up lane waiting for his next go before the Soop runs him over :D :p

Hopefully they will let us, but if they don't I guess we best say no to bikes, it'll hold up the Supra's otherwise - if we don't get a few of them interested.

I appreciate that Michael but we only want a couple of goes each. This is the debate we are having. Is it worth the money unless we are going to spend all day ragging our car........:rolleyes:

H.

I guarentee you will not only be doing a couple of runs each ;) Once you have done the first you will know exactly what I mean :D

Ask Ste and Lynz :eyebrows:

JB - my Brother wants to come along with his girlfriend (both as spectators), driving his own car as they may only stay a while. He's a member on here (dr_chris), but not sure if he's fully paid up etc. Is this OK?

so long as they are with you when they come through the gate that should be fine.