Supra Pod 2008 - Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Branners, any news on this one? I couldn't see anything in the thread, but my apologies if you've answered and I missed it!

not answered yet, assume its a yes unless you hear to the contrary.

Its NOT a bike day though folks so we arent letting a mass of bikes on. I like to see other stuff run against Supras to see how quick they are, a bike is fair game but they all look the same to me (thats Bikeist that is) so not planning on flooding the place with them.

not answered yet, assume its a yes unless you hear to the contrary.

Its NOT a bike day though folks so we arent letting a mass of bikes on. I like to see other stuff run against Supras to see how quick they are, a bike is fair game but they all look the same to me (thats Bikeist that is) so not planning on flooding the place with them.

For your information Branners, I have a BLUE bike... all look the same indeed, you get green ones, blue ones, black ones, yellow ones... very different! :p

That's fair enough though, obviously its a Supra day, I'd bring both if we're allowed, gives my clutch a rest, and should mean I'll see 1/4 in less than 15 seconds! If we aren't then just the Supra ! I just think it would be interesting to put one against the other, when you KNOW that both parties are "trying"... ought to give a few of the BPU/small single guys something to think about at least, especially if someone turns up with a "proper" bike :)

Im sure a few of the Monaro guys would like to join if you need spaces filling, let me know if you want me to have a word with a them.:)

I think the answer is a yes on that. We have space for 75 and we only have 45 signed up at this point.

More than happy to see at least 5 monaros.

Im also going to throw it out to the MR2 guys (the ones Michael recommended, not the grumpy ones that ignored me last time), the Celica people and the Toyota Owners forum.

If anybody else has any mates that want to run non supras then let me know what they are and i can decide from there.

I dont mind losing some money on the day, but would prefer to get around 60 cars to run just to give a spectacle.

Oh, and Leon with his tubbed tubular thing should be coming along too.

I should hopefully be coming along to this with a friend or 2 but only as spectators

Will have to pay on the day though as not confirmed who's with me.

Do we have any times of start and finish of the day at all?

Also may sound stupid but if its a club members only day does that mean we have to bring members card with us to get in?

I should hopefully be coming along to this with a friend or 2 but only as spectators

Will have to pay on the day though as not confirmed who's with me.

Do we have any times of start and finish of the day at all?

Also may sound stupid but if its a club members only day does that mean we have to bring members card with us to get in?

we prefer spectators to pay up front so we get a better idea on numbers, but on the day is also fine. We will expect members to have their card with them or their membership page printed out. You can bring friends with you so long as you have those items with you. Its a fairly relaxed and open day, we dont want to be swamped by people but the more spectators and competitors we get the closer we get to breaking even.

JB

we prefer spectators to pay up front so we get a better idea on numbers, but on the day is also fine. We will expect members to have their card with them or their membership page printed out. You can bring friends with you so long as you have those items with you. Its a fairly relaxed and open day, we dont want to be swamped by people but the more spectators and competitors we get the closer we get to breaking even.

JB

Ok i will try and sort out things before hand and pay up soon then

Do you know about times yet?

Ok i will try and sort out things before hand and pay up soon then

Do you know about times yet?

yep, gates open from 8.30am, racing starts at 10am and goes on until lunch time. 30 minute lunch break and then racing again for the rest of the afternoon.

More than likely finish around 5pm. Im in discussion with Pod about finishing a touch earlier as most people are done by about 3.30pm. But assume its until 5pm.

No problem on the paying front, its easier if we know numbers but its the competitor numbers that are more important.

JB

Well I'm still interested, and I've not paid up yet, so we might able to come to some arrangement Franko, if the powers that be allow it :)

Branners, I'd still be interested to know the final story on bikes too, what we are and aren't allowed to do on the day, it may influeance my decision...

Are there any NA's going to this? I really want to go but dont really fancy being the only one! And don't fancy getting trashed by all you single (& TT) boys ;)

Plenty, although having said that I can't give you a number as I only recorded "Supra", lol.

there might be some danish supras coming but cant comfirm sorry..

Hiya mate, assuming they are customers of yours, can you let them know that they MUST book in advance if they want to run the strip and places are first come:first served (and that we've just advertised to a load of other clubs!)?

:thumbs: