SteveR

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we insured if it gets rained off ?

Sky are due to come back to me on that point this week.

We are looking to do the same as last year where the competitors would get some/most/all their money back in the event that we cant use the track.

Hope to have an update on that this week.

regards

Ready to get beat again hun?:sly:

:rlol::play: Hope my gearbox will hold out!!!:)

Not starting with the excuses already are we?:p

Steve you can have a loan of my car, then you can see her smile dissapear. :p

Lynz, I won't be using my TT all the time.... :sly:;)

You want to get yourself a proper car then hun :p

:D

Sky are due to come back to me on that point this week.

We are looking to do the same as last year where the competitors would get some/most/all their money back in the event that we cant use the track.

Hope to have an update on that this week.

regards

Any update from Sky on this?

:)

What's the deal with crash helmets on the day?

I'm sure something was mentioned, but I can't find it. I also had a look on the RWYB website and they say you'll need one, but they don't say where you can get one from.

Can they be rented \ borrowed on the day?

I take it a snowboarding bash hat won't cut the mustard? :blink:

Any update from Sky on this?

:)

It's in hand and I think Branners will have full details back from Sky shortly. :)

What's the deal with crash helmets on the day?

I'm sure something was mentioned, but I can't find it

Can they be rented \ borrowed on the day?

I think it's a good idea, but that Santa pod onle INSIST if you are going to have a terminal speed >100mph (or is it 110mph?) Can anyone confirm? Branners perhaps?

It's in hand and I think Branners will have full details back from Sky shortly. :)

I think it's a good idea, but that Santa pod onle INSIST if you are going to have a terminal speed >100mph (or is it 110mph?) Can anyone confirm? Branners perhaps?

Last year it was 110mph. I hit 110.8 on my first run and thought they'd say something, but no one did. But I think they enforce it more now.

On crash helmets I would suggest bring em if you have them. You are supposed to have a crash hat for over 110mph terminal. They dont enforce it strictly but they may notice you and ask you to use one.

Sky are working on the terms of the insurance as we speak. It is to cover competitor costs only, spectator costs wont be covered as we can still have a meet if its rained but the track takes hours to dry.

We had contemplated getting a bouncy castle but the number of kids going probably doesnt justify the cost. If we hit 65 competitors then we may still get a bouncy castle as the event wont run at quite such a loss.

Looking at some of the times for BPU cars I'm expecting that I may well hit the 110 barrier (herein to be known as the helmet barrier) but I haven't got a crash helmet.

I know it's a bit cheeky but would anyone be able to lend me one on the day if I can't hire one there (which it would appear that I can't)? :)

:rlol:

But what are the TT boys meant to do while us single boys drive up and down the runway ;)

Embarrass as many single boys as possible by driving up and down the runway with them behind! ;) Fancy a race? :eyebrows:

Go on..... I've only got me a set of weedy JDM Ceramics!! :innocent:

...herein to be known as the helmet barrier...

That a bit like a Condom??!? :D

Embarrass as many single boys as possible by driving up and down the runway with them behind! ;) Fancy a race? :eyebrows:

I'll race you aslong as you ditch your cheating tyre's ;)

Looking at some of the times for BPU cars I'm expecting that I may well hit the 110 barrier (herein to be known as the helmet barrier) but I haven't got a crash helmet.

I know it's a bit cheeky but would anyone be able to lend me one on the day if I can't hire one there (which it would appear that I can't)? :)

I've got one you can borrow if needed, just promise not to sweat in it much ;)

Game on :)

Looser buys the beers :)